Chapter Eleven: Splash

Start from the beginning

"Aw c'mon Liam, lighten up!" Louis shoots at him.

I ignore their yelling and continue to run. I was planning on doing a cannon ball, but about a foot away from the edge of the pool, I slip and do a kind of front flip type thing right into the water. When I surface, I hear yelling.

"Damnit Niall! I told you not to run!" Liam.

"Oh calm down Liam, he was just trying to have fun!" Louis.

"He coulda gotten hurt!" Liam.

"But he didn't!" Louis.

"Holy shit! That was awesome!!" Wait...a girls voice? I turn towards the voice, and see Mari and Kari walking up to the pool. They stop at the chairs and set their towels down then come over to the pool. Mari sits on the edge, but Kari jumped right in, making a huge splash.

"Hey girls!" Harry says, coming over from the chairs, "Looking good," He winks. Kari rolls her eyes.

"Why thank you Harry, you're not looking too bad yourself!" Mari says sticking her tongue out at him.

"Boobear, what the hell are you doing?" Harry says looking in Louis' direction. Everyone turns to see what he's talking about, then we hear a splash. Our heads snap back to Harry and Mari, but Mari had disappeared. Suddenly, her head pops up out of the water.

Gasping, she yells, "HARRY EDWARD STYLES!! What the FUCK was that for!?"

"MARI SOMETHING...something...hey that's not fair! You know my whole name, but I don't know yours..."

"Oh! I know this one!" I yell, Mari shoots me a look, but I ignore it. "It's Mari Lee Wright," I say with a smile.

"Thanks mate," Harry smiles, "MARI LEE WRIGHT!! Cause I felt like it."

Mari sends a huge wave towards Harry as he jumps in. This starts a huge water war. Eventually, each of us gets involved in it.

After the war dies down a bit, Mari swims over to me. "Hey Niall, where's Zayn?" She asks quietly.

"I think he's up in his room. He doesn't really like water." I had had a feeling that there was another reason that he didn't want to come down, but I didn't tell her that part.

"Oh..." She says even quieter.

Louis swims over. "Hey, what's going on over here?"

"Oh, Mari was just wondering where Zayn was."

"Oh, yeah, he's up in his room. I think I'll go get him though!" A smile creeps asross his lips as he climbs out of the pool and walks off towards the doors to go back into the hotel.

Zayn's POV

I'm just sitting around my room, not really doing anything, kinda cleaning up a little bit, but not really. There's a knock at my door. When I open it, Louis comes charging at me, backing me into the bathroom and closing the door in my face.

"Louis? What the fuck are you doing?" I try to open the door, but I can't.

"I'm not letting you out till you promise to come down to the pool!" I hear him yell from the other side of the door.

"What are you talking about!?"

"Mari was asking where you were, so I decided to come up and get you! She seemed really sad, so you have to come down."

I try pushing on the door again, but it's no use. "Louis, let me out!"

"NO! Not till you promise to come down to the pool! You don't have to swim, but you have to at least come down!"

"Ok, ok, fine, I'll come down."

"No, you have to promise!"

"Ok! I promise, just let me out!"

"You promise what?"

"I promise that I'll come down to the pool if you let me out." I say with a sigh.

He opens the door, a huge grin on his face. I just roll my eyes at him as I go to find my swim shorts.

***

We get down to the pool, and Louis' still smiling like an idiot. He goes and jumps into the pool. I go over to the chairs and sit down. I start playing around with my phone.

"Hey Zayn." I hear a girls voice say.

I look up and see two big green eyes looking down at me. "Hey Kari, what's up?"

She looks at me confused for a second. "How...how did you know I'm Kari?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

I can't help smiling a little bit. "Your eyes are green." I say matter-of-factly. "Mari's are blue."

A smile creeps across her face a bit. "Very observant Mr. Malik! I think you're the only people to realize that after only knowing us for one day. It usually takes people months. Years even!" She sits next to me.

"Yeah, well, that's kinda one of the first things I noticed about Mari..." I say, feeling my cheeks get warm. "So, uh, why aren't you in the water?"

"Bored."

"Oh...uh..."

"Hey I know you can't swim, but won't you at least come over and put your feel in or something? Please?"

"Uh..yeah, I guess so." I get up and set my phone down on the chair and head over to the pool.

"ZAYN!!" I hear splashes, then feel something wet slam into me. I stumble back a few steps and regain my balance. I look down and see Mari with her arms around my waist, her wet hair stuck to her face and shoulders.

"MARI!!" I yell, mocking the way she yelled my name. She looks up at me with a smile. My cheeks get warm again. "Hey, you know, I wasn't really planning on getting wet."

"Oh, I'm sorry," She lets me go and looks down.

"But that doesn't mean that I didn't like the hug!" I say quickly, not wanting her to feel bad. This makes her smile. She wraps her arms around me again.

"Awww" I hear the Louis say in my ear. I turn my head and his face is right there in mine. My cheeks heat up, cause I know that he's refering to more than just the hug.

"Hey mate, nice of you to finally show up," Niall says, getting out of the pool. He goes over and checks his phone, then tosses it back onto the chair, grabbing his towel.

"Guys, not that I'm not having fun, but I'm kinda bored," Kari says.

"We could play a game or something," Liam suggests, his head floating on the edge of the pool.

"How bout truth or dare?" Louis suggests.

"Oooh, I like that idea!" Harry chimes in.

"Can we stay out here though?" Mari asks, letting go of me and going back over to the water, leaving my entire front cold.

"Sure! Why not!" Niall says, "But can we get some sandwiches or something?"

Kari laughs, "I agree with Niall, I'm starving."

"I swear Kari, you must eat as much as he does!" Mari says before diving into the pool.

"Ok! I'll order the sandwiches, someone start the game!" Niall says.