Chapter Six: Black Out

Black Out

Mari's POV

"Thanks for the breakfast guys. I had a great time and it was amazing to meet you all, but I should probably get going," I say starting to get up off the couch.

"You're leaving?" Harry asks.

"Yeah, I have to go spent time with my family, and my sister's probably freaking out wondering where I am right now."

"Well, it was very nice to meet you Mari," Liam says.

"Yeah, really nice to meet you," Harry agrees.

"Ditto," Louis chimes in.

"Maybe we could hang out again before we leave town?" Zayn suggests.

"I'd love to! But how am I suppose to get in touch with you?" I ask.

"Mari, can I see you phone?" Niall asks, standing up and setting down a bagel. He wipes his hands on his jeans.

"Um...sure?" I say confused, pulling my phone out of my pocket and handing it to him.

He takes it and starts tapping away at the screen. I honestly haven't the slightest clue what he's doing. He's taking too long to just be putting a number in.. He gives it back and about a minute later I hear 5 phones go off. Each of the boys take theirs out, even Niall. Smiles spread across each of their faces.

My phone dings 6 times. I look at it, I have 6 new messages.

From Harry:

Hi ;P

From Louis:

Kevin???

From Niall:

I'm still hungry :(

From Liam:

Hello there :)

From Zayn:

Hey babe ;)

From Kariiiiiii:

Im back in the room now, wherever you are, you gotta come back. Were gonna leave soon.

Zayn's POV

Mari laughs at our texts. "Y'all are such dorks. But I really gotta go now." She starts for the door.

"I'll walk with you!" I turn and see Harry starting to get up. Now don't get me wrong, he's one of my best mates and all, but there's no knowing what he might do if he's given the chance.

"No, I'll do it," I say standing, everyone looks at me. "I'll walk with you Mari," I make my way past the boys. "I'm already done eating anyways," I turn around, take Mari's hand, and lead her out into the hallway.

"What was that all about?" She asks.

"What was what about?" I ask back.

"Why didn't you want Harry to walk with me?"

"Um, well, to be completely honest, I don't really trust Harry around girls."

"Oh, I see," She says with a smile. "You don't want him to make a 'mess upon my innocence'?" She laughs at her joke. As many times as I've heard that joke, this way the first time I found it genuinly funny. I can't help but laugh a little too. "So, that's your real smile...I like it."

"What?"

"What? Nothing." She starts walking. I feel a tug on my arm and realize that I was still holding her hand. She must've noticed too cause she turns around and looks at our hands. We both blush. I start to let her's go when she grabs mine tight. "C'mon!" She starts for the elevators.

Harry's POV

I look at the door confused after Zayn slams it behind them. "What just happened?"

"I have no clue," Liam says, looking just as confused as me. I look over at Louis, who had fallen asleep again. Niall sits in his chair smiling, but I can't tell if it's cause he knows something that the rest of don't, or if it's cause he had just taken Louis' plate of food.

"Isn't it obvious?" He asks. Liam and I look at him like 'uh, nooo!' He just keeps smiling. "He likes her," he bites into a muffin, taking out about half of it.

Kari's POV

There's a knock at the door. "Kari, it's me! Lemme in!" I hear my sister say from the other side.

"Me? I'm sorry, I don't know anyone named Me. I think you might have the wrong room," I say with a laugh and open the door.

"Finally," she says then turns to the person standing next to her. "This is my sister, Kari. Kari, this is Zayn."

Everything goes black.