Chapter Ten: Good Night

Good Night

Liam's POV

Once everyone's done eating, things calm down a bit.

Andrew's fallen asleep against Louis, who's looking out the window, but checking his phone every once in a while. I assume he's talking to Eleanor.

Niall and Kari are having a quiet conversation. And when I say quiet, I mean so quiet that I can hardly hear them, and I'm sitting right next to them!

Harry's resting his head against the window. I can't tell if he's sleeping or not.

Zayns attention is payed completely to his phone. However, I notice his sneek a couple side glances at Mari. Who's rubbing her eyes.

"You ok Mari?" I ask quietly, not wanting to disturb Andrew or the possibly sleeping Harry.

"Huh?" She looks up at me a bit confused. "Oh, yeah, fine. I'm just a little tired. I'ts been a long day." She leans back.

"Why don't you sleep then?" Zayn asks, pulling his attention away from his phone to join the conversation. "We still have about 20 minutes or so before we reach the hotel."

"I would, but I can't find a comfortable position," She says with a small yawn.

"Mari, stop yawning." Kari says, yawning and turning around to join in.

"Why don't you just lean against Zayn?" Niall suggests. "He actually makes a really good pillow." Niall winks at Zayn. Zayn's cheeks turn a little pink.

"Would that be ok?" Mari asks Zayn with another yawn.

"Um, yeah, I guess so, why not?" He answers. Mari smiles sleepily and rests her head on his shoulder.

Zayn's POV

"Aw, you two look so cute," Niall tease. I feel my cheeks heat up.

"Ya think so?" Mari asks quietly with another little yawn.

"Oh, absolutely!" Niall says, Kari and Liam nod in agreeance. I roll my eyes at them and put my arm around Mari, who then snuggles into me more.

"Zayn...?"

"Yeah?"

"You smell really good.."

Kari starts giggling, "I'll bet you $10 that she didn't mean to say that out loud."

"What do you mean?" Niall asks.

"The more tired she gets, the more the filter between her head and her mouth starts to disappear."

"Interesting," Liam says, and the three of them turn back around and face forward.

***

By the time we get to the hotel, everyone had fallen asleep, accept for me, and, well, obviously Paul. "Wake up guys, we're here." No one moves.

I shake Mari gently, she stirs a little but doesn't wake up. "Hey, Mari," I say quietly, shaking her again. She lifts her head a little and opens her eyes sleepily. "We're at the hotel."

"Really?" She sits up slowly. "Already?"

"Yeah."

I try to shake Harry, but it's no use, so I move on to Liam, who jumps when I touch him. He mumbles something and rubs his eyes, then taps Kari and Niall, who were leaning against each other. Niall raises his head, looking around confused for a moment, but then processes where we are. He shakes Kari, and she wakes up too.

Louis had woken up on his own and was now trying to wake up Andrew.

I try shaking Harry again. "Harry, wake up mate, we're at the hotel." He groans and pushes my hand away. Without saying anything, or even opening his eyes, he unbuckles himself and crawls out of the van. Liam helps lead him inside.

Louis hasn't mannaged to wake Andrew, so he carries him in.

Mari leaned against me the entire time, until we got to her room. Kari, who had actually fully woken up, went with Louis to bring Andrew to their parents. Harry, Niall, and Liam just went straight to their rooms and to bed.

Mari fumbles with her room key, trying to get it into the little slot, but can't. "Here, let me help," I say, trying to guide her hand right. She finally gets it and smiles up at me as the door opens.

"Thank you," She says, hugging me and pressing her head against my chest. I hug her back, of course. "Thank you for and amazingly amazing birthday." She says into my chest.

I smile, "You're welcome. And thank you for making today fun for me too."

She looks up at me with another smile, then stands up on her tip toes and kisses me on the cheek, before going into the room. My cheeks heat up. "Good night Zayn Malik."

"Good night Mari Wright."

Louis' POV

I walk Kari to her room after dropping Andrew off. We get there just as Mari and Zayn are saying goodnight. Zayn turns around after Mari goes into the room, his cheeks are a little flushed. I make a mental note to ask his about it later.

"Hey mate, what's up?" I ask with a grin, "ready to go to bed?"

"Hell yeah."

"Me too..." Kari says with a yawn. "It was really great meeting you guys. Honestly, the best birthday ever!"

"Same," Zayn says, looking past her into the room, where Mari walks out of the bathroom in her pjs and crawls into one of the beds.

"Well, happy birthday, again," I say. "Feel free to text us or something if you wanna hang out, ok?"

"Will do. I'll get our numbers out of Mari's phone later. Well, good night." She hugs each of us. "Tell the rest of the boys thank you for me too." She smiles and goes into the room.

I look over at Zayn as she closes the door, when it clicks shut, it's like he snaps out of some sort of trance. "You ok mate?"

"Huh? Uh, yeah, I'm fine."

We walk to the elevater in silence. But once we get on, I decide to ask him. "So, why were you blushing earlier?" I raise an eyebrow curiously.

He looks at me, "What?" I know he's trying to play it off, cause he answers too fast.

"When Kari and I walked up, you were blushing."

"I don't know what you're talking about Lou," He says, looking straight ahead.

"Zayn, I know that you like her. And I know what I saw. So just tell me." The elevator dings at our floor, and we get off, but we just stand there in the hall way.

Zayn looks at the floor, "She kissed me..." He says shyly.

"What!?"

"On the cheek..."

I can't help laughing. "That's what you're making such a big deal out of? C'mon, I know for a fact that that's happened to you before mate."

"I know, it's just...I don't know...it was different..." His blush gets deeper.

"What was different?" Liam's suddenly standing there next to us. I jump when I see him.

"Where did you come from?" I demand.

"Putting Harry to bed." He answer. I pout but he ignores me, keeping his attention on Zayn. "What was different?"

"Nothing," Zayn says shortly. "Ima go to bed. Good night." With that, he goes to his room.