Chapter 11

I can't bring myself to pull away, and he's the one that has to end it. I stare up at him, his red eyes search mine. I reach up and touch his face bringing his lips back to mine. This is so different, so... He pulls away again and backs away from me. I blink and he's gone. What was that? I touch my lips and sit in the nearest chair. Wow, does he...like me? Kissing Xavier feels right, but kissing Theo feels electric. I turn to the door when someone knocks.

"Hey mind if I chill here?" Peter asks when I open the door. I open it wider so he can step inside.

"I uh don't know if Theo-"

"Oh, he just left with Colette. I don't like being alone after..." I close the door. So he completely left the apartment. With her. Peter picks up the remote and starts flipping through the channels. I stare at the TV not really seeing it. How can he kiss me and run straight back to her? I wouldn't expect him to beak up with her because of one kiss, but to disappear to go to her...

"We should watch a scary movie. I think Xavier has one of those fire stick things." Peter says muting the TV and pulling out his phone.

"Oh...we should invite the others too." This will be a good distraction. I might end up thinking about that kiss all night.

"Already on it." While he calls them over I head to my room and rebandage the cuts the best I can. A little while later they're all arguing over which movie to watch. Ian wants to watch a slasher film, but I really don't see that happening. He doesn't seem to make the connection when Valentina says that's not really an appropriate choice right now. She's voting for a paranormal movie.

"What about The Shinning?" Xavier offers. "Its paranormal, and it's got some elements of a slasher without all the slashing."

"I vote for that one." Peter chimes in.

"Me too." I say. Ian sighs and gives in. I hop off the couch to make a bag of pop corn. I jump when someone puts their hands on my waist. I turn to see Xavier and lean back into the counter trying to put some space between us. The others are right in the other room and I don't want them to catch us. I still don't know if I want to pursue this thing with him. Theo kissing me just makes me more confused.

"Hey, I've been waiting for the right time to ask you..." He leans against the counter next to me. "I want to take you on a date."

"Xavier..." I sigh.

"Don't say no." He says looking at the ground. "I know a lot has happened since we kissed but..." You have no idea. "Just come on one date with me, and if it doesn't work out then I won't ask again." I listen to the popping pop corn. I doubt Theo would even let me go out after what happened. Not only that, he doesn't even like Xavier.

"I don't know." Should I really let Theo control what I do with my life. I am a little freaked out about going anywhere outside of this apartment. The one time I left without Theo things got out of hand.

"If I can find a way for this to work out, will you go?"

"Okay."

---

Theo has been avoiding me ever since he kissed me. It's making it extremely hard for me to ask him about going out. Every time he comes home, and hears my bedroom door open he locks himself in his room. So here I am standing outside his door trying to work up the courage to knock. Is this really worth it? Xavier is a nice guy, and he's been there for me but...I freeze when Theo's door flies open.

"What do you want? It's rude to hover in front of someone's door." Well there's no backing out now.

"I want to go out." I say quickly.