Chapter 5

I wake up in a cold sweat, my mouth opens in a silent scream.

"No, no one's seeing her right now." Theo's voice drifts through the door. I glance around realizing I'm not in my room anymore. Where am I? This rooms a lot bigger.

"Oh come on. We want to know how she's doing." Peter whines. I laugh at how much he sounds like Colette. She's really rubbing off on him. It falls silent in the hallway and seconds later the door bursts open and Theo is by my side. His eyes are wide and I glance around at the other five wide eyes.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" They all look like they've seen a ghost. I try to slide myself off the bed but recoil when I put pressure on my wrists. My eyes wonder to my wrists as memories come flooding back. Black stitches stick out against my pale skin. I quickly shove them under the blanket so no one else can see them, even though by the look on their faces they already know what's there. I try not to look at them as my eyes burn hot with tears as my wrists throb.

"Everyone out. I need to run to the store and I expect all of you to be gone by the time I get back." With that Theo leaves.

"How are you feeling?" Guinevere asks gently. I shrug. After a few minutes of silence they realize I don't want to talk and they say their goodbyes, but before leaving Valentina leaves she sets something on the bedside table.

"I think you could use this...get better okay?" She leaves and I glance at the bottle of vodka on the night stand. I slowly pick it up. Should I? I think back to how lonely and hopeless I'd felt in the bathroom and I took a swig of vodka. I can't think about that right now. The fact that I failed in my attempt to die sinks in and I want to cry. The burning feeling feels good this time. Half a bottle down and I'm dancing in the living room to no music.

"I feel like dancing tonight! I'm gonna party like..." All this dancing is making me hot. I start to slide off my pants, but fall over as they get stuck around my ankles. I giggle as I hold my hip. When I get them off I stumble to my feet only to fall on the couch. I swing my legs over the back of it and hang up side down. The front door opens and I break into a giggle when I see Theo hanging off the floor like a bat. He sees me and drops the bag he's holding.

"Arabella." He sighs walking over to me. I whistle at him as he sits down next to me, and pulls me right side up. He grabs my wrists but I pull them away glaring at him. "Careful, you might pull them open again." He says worriedly. He's so confusing. He's acting like he cares, but he's never here. If he cared he never would have left me alone in the first place.

"Her again!" Colette shrills walking into the room. "This is the reason you haven't been seeing me." The scariest look crosses her face before I'm flying across the room. She stalks towards me but Theo blocks her path. "Move!" She shouts furiously. I try to pull myself to my feet but I can't. I look up to see a screaming Colette being carried out of the room. When the door is closed he makes his way towards me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't expect her to do that..." He helps me up and I lean against him for support. He slowly walks me back to the room I was just in. When I lay back on the bed I realize it smells like him. I'm in his room!

I watch him as he takes the bottle of vodka and walks to the bathroom, pouring it down the sink. I let out a whimper as my wrists start to throb. I lightly touch my left arm and flinch as pain shoots through my arm. My watery gaze turns to Theo who's standing in the doorway of the bathroom watching me. His glowing red eyes seem dimmer than usual.

"Why did you do it?" He asks quietly. Tears slide down my face and he moves to sit next to me.

"I..." I say hoarsely. "It's all my fault." I can't continue as I gasp for air. It is, it's all my fault. Theo watches me alarmed and unsure what to do. If I'd just been there I might have been able to stop him. I throw my arms around Theo looking for a warm embrace only to feel he's ice cold, and I cry all the more.