Chapter 7: Sacking Wessex

(Normal pov)

Hiccup and riders had waited hours for the Berserkers, Lava Louts and Hysterics to arrive, in that time they bathed in a nearby stream, but were careful to not expose their presence.

The boy dried off and and strapped on his leather armor and turned to Toothless who was chasing his tail, Hiccup chuckled at his dragon, he really did hope that they'd find more Night Furies, he heard of the tales of how these legendary dragons were hunted to the brink of extinction, but now that they were beyond the Archipelago, perhaps they'd find more Night Furies, and hopefully Toothless could find a mate.

"Lord Haddock." 

Hiccup turned to see one of his riders approach, he pointed toward the forest behind them, Hiccup turned to see his reinforcements, Dagur, Heather and Cutthroat approached their leader and the Lava Louts and Hysterics awaited orders. "Nice of you all to join us." Hiccup smirked, they smirked back and gestured toward the city of Winchester. 

The Vikings spied out the city, the Berserker leaders turned to Hiccup. "What're your thoughts Hiccup?" Heather asked, Hiccup skimmed over the defenses and troop sentries patrolling, after formulating a plan in his mind, he turned to his forces. "Alright here's the plan, the dragon riders will take out the troop sentries on the wall, and give us air support, while the rest of us slaughter our way toward the palace and plunder the riches here, then send word to Alvin and the others to join us here." The Vikings nodded, Dagur drew out his axe, Heather drew her double bladed axe and Cutthroat drew twin swords. 

Hiccup climbed on Toothless and patted his dragons head. "I need you to fire a super charged plasma bolt at the door bud." Toothless nodded and charged up his plasma and fired, the bolt whistled through the air and blew the door wide open.

"CHARGE!!"

The Vikings let out battle cries and charged, Hiccup and Toothless led the main force while the dragon riders set fire to the sentries patrolling the walls, Hiccup and his forces walked right through the front door and began invading homes and businesses and plundering any treasures, coin, weapons and women. Knights began exiting the palace and assisting citizens and defending their home from the heathens. The Vikings however had the advantage, despite the knights valiant efforts, they were killed as well were the citizens who were caught in the crossfire.

Hiccup turned to see the Berserkers were leaving homes with bags full of treasure and dragged squirming women out of their hiding places, Hiccup then laid eyes on the palace, he then had Toothless fire another super charged plasma bolt, with the door blown open, King Alfred's personal guard stood battle ready as Hiccup and Toothless charged. Hiccup slid off Toothless and swatted away attacks from one of the guards, he then sliced the guards sword clean off and then stabbed him through the stomach, Toothless blasted one of the guards to oblivion and then bit the other guards head clean off his body.

The duo then charged further into the palace, Hiccup turned around to see Lava Louts and Hysterics gather around him, Hiccup nodded and them and he opened the door that stood before them and saw priests and what appeared to be the king of this kingdom and a handful of citizens and nuns praying. 

"Lord God, I pray that you would deliver us from these pagans that threaten to destroy our city. They know nothing of mercy, they've come to destroy, steal and devour. Please deliver us from the agents of death..." 

As the priest continued praying, one of the citizens turned around to see Hiccup, Toothless and the other Vikings, the citizen screamed at seeing the heathens, the Lava Louts and Hysterics began hacking at the nearest body and carved their way to Alfred, the king scrambled off the floor and ran to the nearest door, accompanied by priests and personal body guards.