Chapter 6: Scouting out the land

(Normal pov)

The following morning, Hiccup woke up to the feeling of sunlight warming his skin, the boy rose and stretched his limbs, he laid eyes on Toothless, who too just woke up. "Morning bud." The Night Fury nuzzled into his humans touch, the boy scratched the dragons chin.

Hiccup bathed for the day and had it warmed, thanks to Toothless lighting the water. The boy slid in the bath and sighed in comfort, he began scrubbing his armpits with a bar of soap, and other body parts. Once the boy finished bathing, he dried off and wrapped a towel around his waist, he heard knocking on the door to his room.

"Enter."

The door opened to reveal two girls his age: Enobaria, she had blond hair which was done in Ghana braids, she was a true Berserker warrior and Dagur's girlfriend. The second was Alva who was of the Bjmolf tribe, she had brunette hair done in a Dutch braid mohawk. "Lord Haddock." They bowed before him, Hiccup removed his towel to dry his hair and women blushed slightly at the sight of his cock.

Hiccup threw the towel on his bed and put on his pants. "Ladies. Rise." He said, the girls roses and had their arms behind their backs. "What can I do for you?" Hiccup asked as he was strapping on his leather armor, the girls looked at each other and Alva spoke. "We await your next orders. We will spread word of it to the army." Hiccup strapped the last piece of armor on his forearms and looked toward his female companions.

"Tell them to hold this position for the time being, use of best dragon riders to scour the lands beyond our base and seek other land to take, I myself will take Toothless and clutch of dragon riders to to see if there are more castles and villages to sack. Let it be done." The two females bowed and exited their leaders room, Hiccup sighed and looked out the window, they had vast numbers, but intellect and tactics is what Hiccup would have to rely on the most in these unknown lands.

He wanted to earn his warriors trust, he wanted them to benefit from this campaign; so they could return to the Archipelago as Viking legends. Their victories would mount and it would reach word back to Berk, Snotlout's reign would be spat upon, only if Hiccup and his army play their parts right.

"C'mon bud, lets eat, we've got a long day ahead of us." The Night Fury followed his rider and they descended down the stairs to see his warriors assembling and preparing for the day.

Hiccup fed Toothless two baskets full of fish, which the dragon devoured in minutes, Hiccup too made sure to have enough food in his stomach to last for hours. Once the two had finished their meals, they went outside to be greeted by the dragon riders to accompany him. The dragons were outfitted in Gronckle Iron, they made sets of this armor to make sure the dragons were comfortable in it, which they were.

"My brothers. Our task is scout the land beyond the land which we have taken and find others like it, while our brothers and women hold our base here, we will see this done. We go!" Hiccup and Toothless shot up toward the heavens, and the dragon riders followed their leader to see their task completed.

(Kingdom of Wessex)

Alfred the Great was in prayer with his people, they'd been in prayer for an hour that morning, asking God to give them guide them and wisdom, unfortunately one of the priests, approached the king and whispered in his ear, Alfred looked at the priest then finished his prayer and dismiss himself.

"These people saw pagans take the lands of Norwich?" Alfred asked, the priest nodded. "Yes lord, there were only three who survived the attack of the town outside the castle of the lord who occupied it." The king and priest entered the palace courtyard and found knights and healers offering the survivors food, water and medical attention.