Chapter 1

I could tell the curtains were already drawn as I laid on my bed with my eyes closed. The sun made it's way through the windows lighting up my room. I felt arms wrapped around me making me feel all warm and cozy.

"Breakfast's ready honey," I heard a minty breathe whisper in my ear before leaving a soft but lingering kiss on my cheek.

Just as I was about to open my eyes to see my Prince Charming, suddenly I felt a splash of water thrown on my face, drenching me and wiping the smile off my face. Well, goodbye soft lips, I groaned aloud.

"What on earth!?" I opened my eyes wide almost instantly.

"Why are you still sleeping!? Dad's been waiting for us downstairs for breakfast for the past ten minutes! You know how much he hates it when we sleep in late! Hurry up! Chop, Chop Am!" And with that alarming shrill came a blow with a pillow initiated by my sister, Samantha.

I groaned as I sat up on my bed already dreading the fact that I'm going to get an earful from Dad; and here I'm supposedly taken as a grown adult. I watched with still blurry eyes, Aaron fixing his cufflinks after keeping the now empty glass on the table beside my bed, as Samantha stood at the end of my bed, blabbering something, as usual, after talking to a maid,

"Dad's pal Michael is here with wait wait drum roll... Anna! And listen Am, as much happy I am cause of Anna's visit, my sixth sense is telling me something fishy is going on downstairs. I have to get to the bottom of this. Aaron and I are going to the table. Come quick, bye!" She left after Aaron, closing my door with a thud, before I could even reply.

"Why can't I ever wake up in a normal manner!?" I asked throwing my hands up and my whole body towards the bed again.

My mood went all sunshine when I realised it was my first day of taking a step towards my career and to top it off I was so excited that Anna had really come to visit us after all these years. That explains why Aaron was here as well, speaking of whom, I really hope he helps me with the ropes.

I took a year's vacation after my graduation. It all started from just trying to live my life a little to landing a spot for myself in the list of the elite young socialites of the city. Yeah I sort of became a big party goer..

But I well knew now it was time for me to choose a real career.

Dad was really against it at first when I said I wanted to do something completely on my own and didn't want any benefit for being a Darrlow. He was worried I couldn't do it. I can't really blame him for losing faith in me though. The past year was indeed pretty hectic and wild for me - words I never thought I'd use to describe my life. But everything is going to change now. I'm going to start my own business, one which has nothing to do with the Darrlow Corporation and earn my Dad's trust back.

I stood my ground and in the end victory was mine but only on one condition, I was to join the family business if my career didn't reach a certain height within a year. I was always up for a good challenge and agreed to it immediately.

I must say Aaron was more than eager for me to join him for a few days while he guided me through secretly. People might address him as a ruthless person and he, somewhat is, at the office, but to his loved ones, he's always an absolute sweetheart.

I pulled myself out of the bed and made myself a lot more presentable wearing a pink sundress to go on with my peach ankle strap stilettos. I quickly descended the stairs greeting the household workers that passed by.

On reaching our garden patio I saw everyone laughing about. I felt bad when I saw none had started their breakfast probably waiting for me. I was welcomed with a bear hug from Anna, followed by laughter from the others.

Micheal often came to visit us but Anna couldn't really make the time handling the Smile Charity Foundation that she and my mom had built together. It was amazing to see what a beautiful friendship they held since their days back in Italy to moving together here in London.

Seeing them work and doing charity since childhood, I took the decision of also helping the unprivileged one day. Anna's a very sweet woman and she's very loving towards us. Even though she couldn't be here in person all these years, she made sure to check on us kids from time to time, even inviting us to join her on some of her charity works in Uganda and Africa.I am very grateful to Anna that she let me and Sam do this with her. She reminded me of my mother, at least from what little I remember about her. I took a seat between Aaron and Samantha, after our little greeting session.

Dad looked very cheerful. Guess I don't have to put up with his usual "being late" speech. I inwardly thanked Micheal and Anna for this.

I knew the moment I saw Sam's face that she's got some information to spill out. Seeing her giggling, I looked at Aaron who gave me nothing but a smirk. So they did find out what was going on here and for some strange reason I felt the topic had to do something with me.

I felt all eyes on me as I was chewing the first bite of my chocolate chip pancake. "Is there something on my face?" Everyone started laughing at my question.

Just like the rest, grinning from ear to ear Dad replied, "Honey, we have some news to share with you."

"How do you feel about planning your wedding this fall sweetheart?"

***
One down, hundreds to go! I'm kidding don't worry. :P
Hope you enjoyed it. Please don't forget to vote, comment and share!