Chapter 20 | Marry You

Start from the beginning

"Because Hails, tonight, you get laid." Bella smirked. Hailey's eyes widen.

"Bella!" She shouted.

"What?" Bella asked as if she didn't say anything wrong.

"Enough you two." Mariah said. She was laying back as a makeup artist did her face. "We are going to have fun. Now shut up."

"Sheesh. Control freak much." Bella mumbled. Mariah opened an eye, giving them a look. "Sorry."

"You look gorgeous." The hairstylist said. Hailey sat up with anticipation. Her chair then swung around to face the mirror.

"Woah." Hailey said. Her makeup was done flawlessly with a nude lip and fierce brows. Highlight was placed strategically over the high points of her face with contour emphasizing her jawline. Her hair was straightened with a few front pieces tied back.

"You are going to look smokin' once you have your dress on." Mariah said. Bella was nodding her head in agreement.

"You two are done too." The hairstylist said. Mariah had a satisfied smile on her face while Bella sat in awe.

"Bells, stop staring at your face. You look pretty too." Mariah said with a giggle. Bella rolled her eyes. "Now let's go."

"Thank you." Hailey told the hairstylist. Mariah paid her as they made their way out of the salon. "So, now what?"

"Now, we go back to your home to get ready." Mariah said. They piled into her black 2017 Audi.

"Remind me why we are getting ready at my house?" Hailey asked. When Mariah proposed that they get ready in her home, she questioned it. Mariah said her home was being deep cleaned and Bella's father was home.

"Because, we always get ready at Bella's and my house is being cleaned, thanks to that party you guys threw." Mariah said. Hailey rolled her eyes.

"Your house wasn't even that trashed." Bella said. She turned around and gave Hailey a smirk. Mariah looked in the rearview mirror and gave her a blank look.

"Anyway, we're here." Mariah said. She parked the car in the Foster driveway. They quickly got out of the car and walked up the front steps. The front door then swung open.

"Well if it isn't my little sister and her friends." Ben said. Hailey giggled. She gave him a small hug before pushing past him. The girls followed. It seemed like all her siblings were having a get together without her. They were sitting around the living room with drinks and chips on the coffee table.

"What's going on here?" Hailey asked. Josh smiled up at her.

"You look beautiful Hails. You look just like mom." Josh said softly. Hailey felt her heart drop.

"I agree. You will be by far the prettiest girl at the prom." Ben said. He had closed the door and was crushing her into his chest. Their words were making Hailey want to cry. They always told her how much she looked like her mom.

"Stop guys. You are going to make me ruin my makeup." Hailey said blinking rapidly. She was trying to stop the tears from flowing. Mariah would have a fit if she started to bawl.

"I don't want to be rude and empathetic, but we need to finish getting ready." Mariah said. She grabbed Hailey's arm, pulling her away from her brother. "The boys should be here in an hour."

"As you say." Ben said bowing down. Hailey giggled. Her tears were long gone and replaced by smiles.

"Your brother is so funny." Mariah said in a bored tone. Hailey laughed.

"So, are you ready for tonight?" Bella asked. She grabbed her dress from Hailey's closet. They had brought over their gowns when they picked up Hailey for the salon.