Chapter 18 | Nobody But You

Start from the beginning

"You look beautiful." Zac said. He covered his mouth to keep himself from laughing.

"Oh shut it." Josh said with a glare. Zac nodded, attempting to stop himself from laughing. "Hails is in her room."

"Thanks pretty lady." Zac teased as he jogged up the stairs. He walked down the hall towards Hailey's room, stopping when he heard his name.

Hailey had invited the girls over for a sleepover. She was supposed to be watching Trinity, but Josh was home. So, she asked and he agreed. She quickly called them and they were at her home in minutes. She was desperate for some girl time.

"It's been so long since we've hung out." Bella said as she laid down on her bed. Hailey sat at her desk chair. Mariah joined Bella.

"You are so in loooooove with your boyfriend." Mariah teased. She dragged the O in love for emphasis.

"Okay, yes. I am in love with Zac." Hailey said softly. Her blush was visible as she thought about it. It was one of the first days they weren't together. He had mentioned at school having to choose what he was doing for college. She quickly stepped back and let him be. As much as she wanted to be with Zac, she knew she had to let him decide on his own.

"Zac has been freaking crazy about you since he had invited you to his party back in September." Bella mentioned. Hailey nodded. She knew that day had changed their lives.

"Okay, enough about him. What are we going to do tonight?" Mariah asked. She got up and started going through Hailey's closet. "I heard there's a party."

"No." Hailey said with a shake of her head. She had planned a movie night with all the junk food Josh doesn't allow in the house.

"Oh come on. It'll be fun!" Bella offered. Hailey shook her head.

"It'll just be us three. It'll still be a girl's night." Mariah offered. She twirled one of her blond locks, waiting for Hailey to decide. Hailey turned to Bella who was getting off her bed.

"Just say yes." Bella insisted. She began to go through Hailey's closet.

"I have just the perfect outfit." Mariah said. She was searching through Hailey's closet again. Hailey groaned. She needed to find a way out.

"Say yes." Bella said in a singing voice. Mariah quickly followed suit. Hailey rolled her eyes. She hated when they teamed up against her. One of the many reasons she now liked pineapple on pizza.

"Promise you won't regret this." Mariah said. Hailey ignored them. Maybe they'd leave her alone. She turned around on her desk and looked in the mirror.

"This dress is amazing. Thanks Hails." Bella said. Hailey looked at her through the reflection. She had slipped on the dress Hailey had given her for Christmas. She really had chosen a great dress for her.

"You need to wear this." Mariah said handing her clothes. Hailey sighed. There was no way she'd convince them to stay home. She might as well give up now. Maybe they'd come back from the party sooner. She took the outfit in the bathroom and put it on. It was a black off the shoulder, long sleeve shirt with a black leather mini skirt. She tucked in the top into the skirt which had studs on the end of it.

 She tucked in the top into the skirt which had studs on the end of it