1// H O T & C O L D

C H A P T E R O N E

~LiaFrank~

"What kind of a sick man makes people work all the way until new year's eve?!" I watched as Marianna moved around the apartment angrily. "You know you can just call in sick" she dropped, looking exhausted before the day even begin. "I wish I could but Hailee already said more than 20 people called in sick, if any more we could get fired and you know how much I need that money"

Yeah she really needed the money, she has to pay for her brothers college. Her fokes can't because they are to busy being selfish and buying all kinds of drugs. "Why aren't you upset about this" I raised an eyebrow seriously asking if she was asking me this. Not only do I need money to pay of my student loans but, "Remember am anti-socal" what will I even do with all the extra time

We both get up from the sofer to go to work. Dal Rey Int is a technology company. While I work in the designing department, Anna -short for Marianna- works in the sells department. The company is really good, it's just the person at the top who's a bit of a challenge.

Mr. Josan Dal Rey, our boss. His the prefect definition of a crual businessman. I just got chills by just saying his name, not the good kind, okay am lying. That man is all kinds of fine. His hot and cold at the same time, not a good combination. The devil sure knows how to put a package together.

+ + +

I watched as my manager losses his minds, finding out that over tenth of the designs were sent back, just today. "I give up, who still has a design for the holo pad that was not sent back" I was afraid of rising up my hand. I had not send my design yet, heck nobody had seen it. Jason Dal Rey had made it very clear that, the next design had to be the one, or else the person who designed it would be fired if not.

I did not need that right now. "Guys I know nobody wants to get fired but if we don't send something in the next five minutes we are all fired"

I did tell you that Josan Dal Rey was cold. "Hey Lia has a design" Kelly came from behind me and forcefully took the design from my hands. Remember I told you that Josan Dal Rey was the cruelest man on earth -okay maybe I didn't say- but the the point is, ladies and gentleman meet the cruelest women. Those two would fit together just fine, oh the joy; not.

"Lia, let me see" my heart rate must have gone up because my hands started sweating. What was wrong with that girl, did she want to see me on the streets bagging, because that is where I would end up. Kelly ripped the design paper from my hands and handed it to our manager.

"This is really good Lia. I really like it and am sure Mr. Dal Rey will love it as well" yeah that's what you said about the last ten or more. I didn't actually say that because that's just who I am, a quit and a shy person. "Kelly please send this to Mr. Dal Rey"

and my haert just dropped. Why will he ask her of all people, who knows what she'll do or say.We were all dismissed back to our work station.

My nails dragged on the table unable to go on with my single project. I could be send home, it didn't even bother me anymore about how cold New York was now. My coat was actually burning, removing it was a good things as my eyes stayed glued on the elevator doors. Waiting for Kelly.

~•~•~

V O T E

C O M M E N T

S H A R E

~•~•~