The Chariots

So here's the very short chapter three...

Chapter Three:

        This is definitely the most annoying part of the Games: The remake center, the place where the prep team pretties us up to go on a parade. They don't have to do a lot to me, as I'm rich enough to clean myself every day. I go to my stylist, Skittora.

        "For the tribute parade, we're going to put you and parker in gladiator outfits," she tells me.

        A gladiator outfit... That's what Cato wore when he was on the tribute parade.

        Skittora dresses me up in the gold costume like a doll. I can't keep still for this long, but I have to. Your outfit gives you sponsor too.

        "You look wonderful Aqua!" she gushes.

        I look in the mirror in back of me. I really do look good. It's quite rare that I dress up for anything, so this feels a little weird. I'm just glad I don't look fancy like I'm sure Stingra and Hunter do, being from the luxury District.

        "It's time to go to the chariots!" she exclaims.

        We enter the stables with Parker and stylist. I see the other tributes for the first time in real life, and I was definitely not wrong in thinking that they were mostly weaklings, because frankly, they were. Then the music starts playing, and Stingra and Hunter and loaded into their chariot. They're wearing sparkling silver outfits, just as I expected. So much for looking tough. Then Parker and I get in. As we're gliding down the Avenue of Tributes, Parker and I wave to the audience, along with everyone else. When we get to the end, I see Prim. After Katniss won the 74th games, President Snow didn't allow District Twelve stylists to do anything extravagant with their costumes, so Prim was wearing a pathetic coal miner costume. I glare at her. I want her dead.

        We finally arrive at the tower where we'll be staying. I ride up the elevator with Emberlynn and Parker and watch the Capitol that's all around us. Once we get to our floor, I go to my room. It's even nicer than the train. But I don't have time to get comfy; I need to discuss my plans with Parker, Enobaria, and Emberlynn. I stroll out to the dining room table where Emberlynn and Enobaria are sitting, and Parker joins us. But before we talk about the Games, we get food. I'm served a plate of spicy chicken by an Avox, along with cherry juice, a sliced mango, and an array of various cheeses. It's all of my favorite foods in one meal.

        "So let's start where we left off before. You're set with an alliance, you just need a strategy," explains Enobaria.

        "I think we should just kill everyone," says Parker, "Grab lots of supplies, too."

        "We need to think this through a little more," I say, "who to kill first, who to stay away from and such."

        "Yes, if you're going to win you need a more complex plan," agrees Emberlynn, "though you have a huge advantage on everyone, you still need to organize yourselves."

        "Tomorrow is training day, so if you want more people in your alliance, that's your time to get them," says Enobaria, "and I know you're going to want to go right to the weapons, so if you get Tonya and Edison on your team, have them do the survival things."

        We finish our food and go back to our living quarters. With nothing else to do, I play around with the scenery before going to bed, ready for the next day.