The Battle

CHAPTER NINETEEN

BRITNEY'S POV

I wake up and everyone is already up. The pack members are making breakfast and preparing for the battle. I grab breakfast quickly and head to the meeting tent that someone set up. The people must have set it up when I went with the others to scope out the cabin type building. When I walk in Blaze, Blaine, Logan, Adrian, and the warriors are going over the plan. I just sit an listen with my breakfast because I don't really have anything to say. 

Two hours later everyone is ready to leave. I walk along with Blaze on my left and Logan on my right. Ahead of us are Blaine and Adrian. All four are in wolf form. We already set up the four groups of warriors: Two groups on each side that are ready to surround the building in the trees.

The cabin looked really creepy when we arrived. Blaine and Adrian looked over at me as if to say 'Are you ready?'. I gave them the thumbs up and they both howled together. The howling is a declaration of war. Rouges started to pour out of the building. The warrior groups surrounded the building and started to fight the rouges.

 As my small group makes our way to the door, I shoot many rouges with a silver bullet gun. Meanwhile, everyone else is fighting a path in their wolf forms. I look around and see a lot of blood on the ground and on wolves. I look to see if any wolves from either packs are dead and so far I don't see any. That's really good. I hope it stays that way.

Once we get to the doors that lead to the basement, I open the door for the wolves to take the lead. My job is to take out rouges and watch my groups back, so nobody gets injured or killed. Blaine sniffs the air and bolts off down a random hallway. I say

" We need to follow Blaine. I think he caught on to a scent".

Everyone nods their wolfy heads and run after Blaine with me following. We find Blaine trying to get through a door, but he is still in wolf form. I go up to the door and see it has a lock. It is just like the one on the front door that has a hand print scanner. I don't know how to get it opened.

Suddenly, I hear clapping come from behind me in the shadows. A man steps out of the end of the long corridor. I assume he is Mr.K. He says

" Wow!! You actually thought that it would be this easy. Damn!! You really underestimated me. The only way you are going to get Whitney out of the room is by killing me. Whose up for the challenge?".

Almost immediately Blaine and Adrian step up for the challenge. Blaine goes and whispers something I can't hear into Adrian's ear. Adrian steps down and lets Blaine take up the challenge. Blaine says

" Okay. I accept your challenge" and Mr.K looks really confident, but Blaine isn't finished "But you must release Whitney, so we can make sure that you don't screw us over. After all, you are just a DUMB rouge!!".

Mr.K walks over to the hand scanner and opens the door. Inside I see Whitney. I run to her and make sure she has a pulse. She does, but she is very weak. A very loud growl is heard. I turn to see that it came from Adrian. He rushes over to Whitney and gently touches her hand. He purrs and says " MATE". 

I say " Congrats!! I am now dumping you. We are over". 

Blaze comes to pick up Whitney, but Blaine growls and picks her up himself. Blaine carries her out the door and heads to leave the building. I turn to Mr.K and say

"Let the challenge begin outside. Ohh!! By the Way, if you lose you will have your rouges surrender and they WILL be killed".

He just laughs and says " Oh babe! Trust me!! I will NOT lose to some pathetic little Alpha".

On the way out doors, I think about Blaine, Whitney, and Adrian. I am happy for Blaine and Whitney. I really am. I'm just sad because he was the most amazing boyfriend anyone could ever wish for. Atleast Whitney will have her knight in shining armer there to always protect and love her. I wish I could have something like that. If Adrian didn't reject me, I would have that now. I don't want Adrian still. Blaine finding his mate doesn't get Adrian a 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card. Yeah, we can be friends, but never anything more. I don't want him.

 ADRIAN'S POV

Yes!!! Blaine found his mate. This means that I finally get my chance with Britney. I know that winning her love won't be easy, but I won't give up. You may be thinking 'Oh hey he is really heartless' but I really care about Britney. She is and always will be my mate. I do feel really bad for her, but this just means I get a chance. What if she doesn't give me a chance? Even though I don't show it often doesn't mean that I don't love her. 

I love her.

I love Britney.

I don't show that I love her because my dad always said that showing people other than your family your feelings is a sign of weakness. I don't show my feelings.

I love Britney. I will show her that I really do mean it.

I will try my hardest to get her to forgive me. I will change. I have to.

BLAINE'S POV

As we all went into the building, my wolf was going crazy. I don't know why. My wolf took control over me and ran down the long corridor stopping outside a door. My wolf wanted to get in the room, but there is a hand print scanner. Britney and the others come running down the hall. As Britney is trying to open the door, we hear clapping coming from the shadows at the end of the long corridor. 

He keeps talking about how we were really stupid and underestimating him. I wasn't really listening to him. For some reason my wolf was really keen on opening the door. When he challenged one of us for Whitney back, I realized Whitney was behind the door. Adrian wanted to accept the challenge, but my wolf told him something I wasn't allowed to hear. I have noo idea how he could block me out like that. Whatever. 

We accepted the challenge and he opened the door revealing Whitney passed out. I growled really loud. She gave of the most intoxicating scent of chocolate cupcakes. She smells soooo good. My wolf wanted me to touch her, so I walked over and touched her hand withouut anyone noticing. I felt the tingles and sparks that only your mate had with you. OMG WHITNEY IS MY MATE!!!!!!!! 

I say " MATE" out loud. Britney congratulates me then dumps me. I feel bad because Britney was the best girlfriend I have ever had. I guess I will accept her dumping me. Wait! I don't have to guess. I have my beautiful mate right here in my arms. I didn't even realize I was going outside until we reached the doors.

I guess it is time for the challenge. 

I WILL win for my mate.