o. The Taking

o.

"Every half century in a small little town hidden in the woods, a beast comes out from the forest to claim his bride on the night of an eclipse. The people of call this phenomenon "the taking". This beast is said to be very dangerous. It roams door to door searching for the woman whose being calls to his animal instincts. He will kill, mutilate and destroy everything in his path until he finds his bride. In the past, the townsmen have tried to hunt the creature and kill him before they can steal one of their marriageable daughters, but the beast does not hunt alone. He has followers among the shadows to make sure his goal is accomplished. Once he finds his bride, he carries her back to the forest where she is never seen or heard from again.

Celeste believes this so-called "legend" is just some scary fairytale her grandmother made up to scare her. But was she ever wrong when a pair of moonlit eyes stared straight at her through her bedroom window and entered her room. Next thing she knew, she was being carried out the house and into the woods by a half-naked man who called her his.

Who would have thought? Grandma wasn't crazy after all."

o.

Now, I don't usually read books like this. It's a bit different than the usual werewolf stuff, you'd definitely see the difference if you read it. I won't tell you what I'm talking about because I don't want to spoil anything.

Just basically the mate thing is different, just a little, and the who can turn into a werewolf is different as well.

I must admit, this is a really good book!

I do highly recommend it, I personally think it's worth it. I really enjoyed reading The Taking.

Anyway, you should give this a read!

Completed|Written by LoveScripter

06/30/23

still perfect. the description was also changed at one point, so i just updated it.