o. The King's Prey

o.

""We were both raised blindsided by what could've been of our lives. The broken princess, shielded by any evil that would bring her suffering; the vindictive Alpha, raised through a life of consequences and authority. Two different people nurtured to only uphold the positions they would end up claiming."

Grown into a life of comfort by a corrupted kingdom, Princess Anastasia Fawn has never felt so out of place with herself. While her neglective royal parents want an heir to their throne she dreams of a life beyond the protective walls of her kingdom. But Mylithia holds secrets as ancient as its very foundation—and whatever creatures lie beyond those tall walls have always been rumored as barbarous. The Ancient Woods isn't unfamiliar territory to Samuel Knight though—the notorious Alpha of the Phantomridge warriors. But living amongst the beasts of the night comes with a price for the human kingdoms, despite the Treaty that has kept their divided worlds tranquil for a century.

When one charity ball leads to the slaughtering of thousands of her people, Anastasia is forced to face the consequences of her parent's actions, learning they're not as honest and loyal to Mylithia as they seemed. A debt is to be paid to the savages—more specifically though, to their king. While he is feared by all—the image of the Devil himself—she is the King's prey."

o.

This is a beautiful read—with eccentric characters and an enticing plot.

The writing style of The King's Prey is one that I particularly like. The choice of wording is an element that really emphasizes the general feeling that comes when reading this book. The aspect of clashing royalty, both in the human and werewolf societies, is really bewitching. The utilization of detail evokes certain moments of elegance or desperation, among many others. This is a renowned characteristic of works that feature royalty, and it is portrayed quite well.

A title and an added definition of a particular word are features of each chapter—which are really cute extras. They add to the overall aesthetic of the book. I personally think that it makes the chapter pages not only pretty, but very interesting, as well.

I believe that the author is deserving of some recognition for creating such a good story.

Completed|Written by HorridPegasus

06/30/23

still amazing, but i want everyone to know that i have read the unedited version. that is the one i am reviewing here.

i also updated the cover photo.