29: Epitaph

Depuis le début

The one leading everyone to Chaos's room was Tyson. Every time he took a step forward, he felt his heart clench, as if Night did not want to fight Chaos and was regretting his actions. However, he remembered Takao and that gave him the resolve to keep on going, no matter how scared he felt.

I don't need to be afraid of losing. I have faith in my bond with Dragoon and my friends. I won't lose.

Tyson returned to reality when he noticed he had finally made it to the top of the stairs. He looked at the double doors and took a deep breath. Behind this door, one of the most ancient and powerful beasts dwelled, prepared to battle him. If he lost, humanity was doomed.

Talk about "no pressure".

Tyson turned to face his friends for a brief moment before he pushed the doors open and entered Chaos's chamber. He paused, seeing who was floating on the ceiling. He spotted Hilary, Mariah, Emily, Zeo, Ozuma Kevin, Eddy, Spencer, Enrique, Miguel, Mystel, Lee, Michael and Ian, all of them connected to darkness tubes that seemed to be taking something out of them. It terrified Tyson.

"Like the decorations?" Chaos asked, appearing from seemingly out of nowhere. He looked just he always did, although he looked more serious. His eyes glanced at everyone behind them and then looked back, "Go ahead, my guests, your friends are waiting."

Tyson was about to ask what he was talking about when he spotted Raul, Oliver, Zeus and Ming-Ming behind the powerful beast. Julia almost cried as she finally caught a glimpse of her brother. She rushed towards him and Raul ran to his sister. The two met halfway and their embrace made everyone else smile.

"I thought I'd never see you again." Julia whispered to Raul. She knew she wasn't one for sentimental words, that's what Raul would always tell her, but she had been possessed for weeks by a psychotic spirit while her brother had suffered a similar dilemma. Showing some weakness was okay now.

"I missed you, Julia." Raul said and the twins broke away from their hug. Ming-Ming and Oliver had a less sappy reunion with their friends while Zeus collapsed in Garland's arms.

"Tell Brooklyn that I'm putting you in charge of him," Zeus muttered, "If he listens to you from now on, maybe we won't be in this situation again." He hummed, closing his eyes, "That'll be nice." With that, Zeus finally let his human tamer take over.

"See," Chaos said, gesturing at his guests, "I can take care of your people. I even served them tea."

"Did Dark Draciel make it?" Max asked the spirit, "If so, it was probably terrible tea."

"No, it was good tea. Chaos said that Dark Dranzer made it." Oliver assured the blonde.

Chaos rolled his eyes before his eyes landed on Tyson's figure. He stepped forward, "You know what you have in your heart, Tyson Granger, child of the skies. For that reason alone, I will not kill you." He took out his blade, the beyblade glinting in the little light the room had.

Tyson took out Dragoon and they noticed he began to float. When he blinked, his eyes were scalene-like, mirroring Dragoon's. His hair was being moved by an invisible wind and the blue aura that surrounded him was brighter than ever, to the point where everyone could see it, not just Kenny. Scales seemed to form around his eyes, making him seem more like a dragon.

"That's something you don't see every day," Chaos applauded, his own eyes turning darker. Shadows formed around him and the room shook with his power, "Let us dance, child of the skies."

Tyson nodded, his whole body coursing with power he had never felt before. He could feel Dragoon's presence and the two were one, controlling Tyson's body in perfect synchronization. He got into a battle position, Chaos mirroring his actions.