Chapter 24: Found & Lost

《Recap: Angela gets invited by her parents to dinner. At midnight, Carl takes her to the fair. Mason also comes to the fair where Angela gets kidnapped.

🌊Mason🌊

The feeling of dread filled my stomach as I feared about the safety of my Angel. She was truly an angel. Who would want to kidnap her? What had they on her?

"We'll find her together," Carl stated.

"No!" I said venomously. "This is your fault. You brought her here!" I shouted. Since, nobody was here, my voice seemed to echo. But I couldn't control myself. What was he still doing here?

I was angry. Too angry that I could only see red in front of me. The thought of loosing my Angela was enough for me to lose my sanity.

"Look, Mason, Angela was also my friend. I care about her safety, too. I want her back as much as you do," he reasoned as he sat down beside me on a vacant bench.

I was frustrated. I let out a loud sigh, gripping my hair tightly, thinking about Cherry. What if they were hurting her. Torturing her? Planning to kil--

Stop, Mason! This could not happen. This thought alone is quite absurd.

Nothing will happen to my Angela. I will find her. I will not give up and I won't let anybody touch a hair on her head. I would kill those ba**ards who kidnapped her.

"Find their tracks and let me know ASAP," said Carl as he talked on the phone with someone. "I want no tardiness. Find her as fast as you can."

Atleast, he was doing something.

Once he ended the call he looked at my disturbed form.

"Angela won't like to see you bald," he joked.

I raised an eyebrow, "I'm not bald."

"You will be if you keep pulling your hair at this rate," he pointed out, causing me to leave my hair, immediately. "I called my men to search for her. Even though, I'm not a part of the gang anymore, they still obey to my command."

I looked at him, bewildered. "You're not a part of the gang, anymore?"

He let out a bitter laugh and shook his head. "Anyway, my men will inform yours and together we'll find her."

I narrowed my brows, frowning. Why is he so keen on helping me find, Angela?

"I know what you're wondering. Why does it matter so much to me to find her? Right?" he paused, as if to take my nod of approval. "Well, the first reason is her friendship. She is so innocent and kind-hearted that anyone would want to help her."

He smiled as if a memory hit him. "The second reason is you. And your happiness." He looked at me as though penetrating through my soul. "Mason, I realized what I did was wrong. I stole your happiness, little brother. But this time, I won't let your happiness to be crushed. Angela is the right girl for you and we'll get her back. For you."

Tears welled up in my eyes when he said it. I feel like I belong in a sappy movie but this was not the case. Call me weak for crying but I couldn't hold it in now. I had too much pressure on me. That I had build in and now I was letting it out.

Like a girl.

I felt Carl patting my back. "Cry all you want May-May, sometimes it's better to to let it all out."