"The commander gave us the wrong map, with wrong checkpoints and terrain. This is bad, really bad." The major's right. I never thought the commander would be this cruel towards his own underlings..

"No worries," I said but I know this is such a worrisome situation we have to endure. Not to mention that almost all of the soldiers in this platoon are freshly graduate soldiers.

"First we need to find a clean source of water and the perfect place for camp. Some of you need to be on scout, search the area for enemy's trails or traps. Some of you have to be in charge of finding us food because I know that that bastard wouldn't be sending us any." The major immediately take matters into her own hands.

"Major, I'm sorry if I spoke out of place but, are we going to die out here?" Asked the youngest out of us here.

"No your not soldier. We're going to survive this." The major smiled at him before facing me after he went back to his group.

"We're going to survive this, right?" Why she's asking me?! She's the major here!

Relax, take a deep breath and never let fear overwhelms you, Sasha. You got this! This is nothing compared to that mission where you have to sleep with an old bastard.

"We're going to survive this. Don't worry." I smiled but I have no idea how to overcome this. They're all here because the prince thought I'm just a nuisance for him to get his sister into the Irisha family.

We have nowhere to go now. I'm afraid that if we went even further into the forest, we might end up kill not by the enemy but Mother Nature itself. It's bound to happen if someone feels hopeless and given up on their life.

"EVERYBODY HIDE!" The major suddenly said before grabbing collar by force. We both hid ourselves behind a huge tree trunk.

It's the enemy! I could easily make out almost ... 10 figures making its way towards us.

"Are you sure you heard chattering around here? Or was it just your mind playing tricks on you?" What a deep voice he has!

"Yes, Lieutenant! We both heard chattering not long ago, sir!" They said to their superiors.

The major placed her finger on her lips so that the others would remain quiet until they walk past us. I can easily kill them all before they even point their rifle at me but I know, it's wise for me to listen to the major since she's has more experience in this field.

Once they all went through us, I stood up from the trunk and sigh. We manage to avoid making contact with them but what about future encounters? Can these young lives manage to survive an ambush?

"Sasha, we need to think of a strategy when we encounter them. They deserve to be happy, to live their life." The major really asking for my help now? Some veteran she is.

"If we ever have to face an ambush, let me do all the work while the rest of you cover my rear. Like you said earlier, they deserve to live, to be happy." I patted her shoulder before giving out orders for the rest of them to do.

The major smiled before she did the same.

"Sasha, should we make camp? I'm sure most of us need some time to rest." Camp huh ... maybe we all need some time to rest.

"There's no need to build a camp. We're not going to stay in one place that long. We have to keep moving." The Major informed. That's a smart move.

"Sasha, please come with me." The Major ushered me to follow her somewhere lead by one of the scouts.

"Look at that. That bone head commander of our platoon sending us right at the devil's door. Do you think we can ask for their help?" Is she nuts?! That's the enemy base camp!