He was speechless.

"I'm not a soldier, I was not trained like you or the rest of the soldiers here in this camp. I am a killer, an assassin." I said that with a smile.

"I'm only here to marry the princess, to make her family happy for sending me to the war zone. This may look like a game for you and the others but for me, it's a challenge between love, life, and death." I patted his back before I went to the door.

"It's maybe not my place to say this but ... don't you have a family to care for?" I smiled at him before I went out of the room, leaving him alone to think about his future.

Well, he should be thinking of his future since he's agreeing with Prince Albert decision to send me in the middle of nowhere.

Does he think that sending me to a remote terrain will stop me from getting to Adelaide?

"It's good that you finally manage to be with us." Huh?

"You'll be joining us for today's mission, love." Love? From the stripes on her uniform, she's a major. Angelica? She looks familiar to me.

"From what the commander told me, you're a student of Volin, am I right?" I gave her a little nod before looking behind her. Is this the group that will be joining us today?

"Yes, my mentor is Lady Irina Volin." Her eyes beamed.

"Ahh .. maybe I should properly introduce myself. My name is Angelica, a member of the 7 Demon, sitting on the throne of luxuria or lust." Hold on ... 7 Demon?! THE 7 Demon?!

My eyes widen, I can't believe this! I'm actually in the presence of a legend. She's one of the members of Volin most elite team of assassins. Rumor has it that only lady Irina has the full authority in giving them their orders.

That woman, my mentor, she's one of a kind.

"I received orders from Irina. She said that I should let my foot down and watch your expertise in taking a human life. She also said that my soldiers will benefit a lot from watching you." That woman ...

"I don't know what she meant by that but I am not a trained soldier like you guys. I'm just a killer." I'm being modest. The major chuckled.

"If my soldier decided to wield a spear rather than a rifle in a midst of battle, they probably die in mere seconds. I have to ask, why a spear?" Huh? Why?

A Volin alumnus asked me why I choose the naginata?

"Why naginata you ask? Hmm ... I have to say it's because ... it's easier for me to kill my enemy, I guess?" I chuckled while the major and the rest of the soldiers behind her look at me with widen eyes.

***

"Hmmm

"Hmmm ... it's official, we're screw." The major sigh heavily before facing me.

We're lost in the middle of nowhere after we were drop off. Seems like my little talk with the commander didn't change his mind from continuing with his act.