snowed in | bughead

Beginne am Anfang

it had only been an hour until jughead and i were both frequently yawning. we ended up watching lilo and stitch after ten minutes of arguing on what to watch.

the low hum of the heater was the only sound besides the tv. it was a nice, quiet, peaceful moment of us soaking up each other's presence and watching a movie.

i shrieked.

the tv went black as well as the low-lit lights.

it was dead silent, not even the hum of the heater.

"crap," i mumbled to jughead. "the power went out."

"no shit, sherlock."

the air around us grew cold very quickly.

"no no no no no," i rambled. "the heater isn't working!" i cried and jumped out of bed.

"yeah, nothing that is connected to electricity works when the electricity is out. i think that's how it works." jughead commented sarcastically.

i gave jughead a look. "this is no time for sarcasm. let's go upstairs and see what mom says."

mom flew down the stairs. jughead was using the flashlight on his phone to light up the kitchen a little bit.

"fred andrews said that his house doesn't have electricity, either. he also said that the power will go back on its own, but only god knows when that will be," mom huffed. "so i guess we'll need to bundle up until the electricity comes back on."

"okay," i shivered and said to jughead, "let's go get some stuff from upstairs."

i looked through my dresser drawers as jughead sat patiently on the bed.

"here." i threw a few sweatshirts at jughead.

"where'd you get these? these are all mine."

"you left all of them here over time."

"okay?" jughead said, probably expecting more explanation. i threw on a long-sleeved shirt and a sweatshirt over that while jughead put on his sweatshirts.

"can you grab the comforter and the blanket under it?" i asked and nodded towards the big blanket. i scavenged through my closet and found a box of winter hats and took out a few.

"how do i look?" i jokingly asked jughead. i had an oversized knit hat on with a large puffball on the top.

"fantastic." jughead beamed at me.

"wait, the look isn't finished yet."

i grabbed some sweatpants and put them on over my shorts. it wasn't very comfortable, but it was freezing so i was willing to do anything.

"can we go back in the basement?" jughead asked.

"yes, of course."
______

i hopped into the sea of blankets next to jughead, who was rubbing his eyes.

"no, don't go to bed yet!" i pleaded to jughead and shook his arm.

"but i'm so tireddd." jughead whined back and me and turned away from me. i huffed and rolled my eyes.

all of a sudden, both of our phones started blowing up.

"ugh, what now?" jughead groaned at the text notifications.
______

the group chat: veronica, archie, cheryl, betty, toni, jughead, and kevin
______

veronica: hey guys, wyd

betty: jughead and i are freezing our asses off

archie: oh yeah, my house's power went off too

veronica: yikes