snowed in | bughead

betty

"we have an unexpected snow storm, four inches of snow already in less than half an hour. please make your way home carefully, the roads and traffic are bad. we are in for a long ride." the newscaster spoke on the quietly-playing tv. i was cuddled up with jughead on the couch.

"looks like you'll be here for awhile," i said to jughead and smiled. "hopefully mom gets snowed in at the register."

as if it were on cue, i heard the lock jiggling on the front door.

"you've got to be kidding me." i muttered. jughead groaned as he heard the door. the front door opened and mom entered the house and set down her purse.

"elizabeth? are you home?" she called out.

"i'm in here mom. jughead's here too." i replied and scrunched my face at jughead. by then, we were untangled and both lounging on the couch civilly.

mom strutted in. "hmm?"

"jughead's here too." i repeated.

"oh, jughead, you should probably get going. the roads are packed and snow is-"

"you're making jughead ride his motorcycle back to his trailer?" i interrupted her.

"the heater in the trailer isn't functioning." jughead whispered under his breath.

"well, it's his fault for taking the motorcycle. goodbye, jughead. glad you could come over." mom plastered a fake smile on her face.

"mom!" i looked at her in disgust.

"it's fine, betty." jughead said calmly, getting up from the couch.

"what are you doing?" i asked him. "your heater doesn't work!"

"i can fix it." jughead said.

"no, i'm not letting you go home in this weather," i took his hand. "mom?" i raised an eyebrow.

"fine," mom huffed. "but he leaves as soon as the roads are safe."

"excuse me for a second." i said to jughead and went to talk to mom. i grabbed her arm and pulled her into the kitchen.

"can you stop being a jerk to jughead? please be to nice him or don't talk to us at all. that's all i'm asking." i fumed. i imagined my was turning red.

"i'm sorry, i had a long, busy day at work." she said half-heartedly.

"but don't take it out on jughead. please." i ordered. mom nodded and i whispered 'thank you' under my breath.

"everything taken care of?" jughead asked as i sat back down on the couch.

"yep. she said she's sorry." i responded.

"okay."

"i'm sorry, too." i looked up at him.

"you don't have to apologize for her behavior." jughead laughed.

"i guess," i replied unsurely. "i am still sorry though."

"it's okay." jughead half-smiled.

i yawned. "what time is it?"

"it's only four o'clock."

"i want to take a nap." i declared.

"but then you won't get any sleep tonight!" jughead said protectively.

"that's the point," i smirked. "let's pull an all-nighter."

"ohhhh, no. i need my sleep."

"please, juggie," i pleaded. "we can have a fire in the fireplace and have hot chocolate and watch movies!"