snowed in | bughead

Start from the beginning

"i guess that does sound like fun..." jughead admitted.

"please?"

"okay, let's do it." jughead chuckled.
______

six hours later
______

the alarm i had set on my phone rang abruptly, waking jughead and i up. well, that was the point of it.

"what time is it?" jughead sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"ten o'clock." i grinned mischievously.

"but i'm still tired." jughead whined as he yawned.

"come on, you wanted to." i giggled, and noticed mom in the kitchen making tea.

"i'm going to bed, elizabeth. do not," she narrowed her eyes at jughead. "stay up all night."

"okay, mom. goodnight." i smiled and faked a yawn. she mumbled good night and walked upstairs.

"okay, we are gonna have to be quiet for the rest of the night. should we go to the basement? it's nicer down there and she won't hear us as easily."

"sure." jughead shrugged.

"i'll meet you down there, i'm gonna go grab some blankets and pillows from my room." i said, getting up from the couch.

"oh, i'll just wait down here." jughead responded quickly.

"is forsythe pendleton jones the third scared of basements?" i grinned. "don't worry, the monsters aren't going to get you."

"i am waiting down here," jughead said defensively. "i'll start making hot chocolate, okay? a lot of it."

i giggled at jughead's change of tone. "okay, jones. and make the hot chocolate with milk, too. not water, that's gross."

i creeped upstairs and past mom's bedroom, carefully peeking through the door. i saw that she was out cold under the covers, then carefully went to my room to retrieve all the blankets i could possibly find.

after i found a total of seven fluffy blankets and three pillows, i tiptoed back downstairs, making sure not to trip on any of the blankets.

"yeesh, you look like a blanket monster right now." jughead commented on my appearance on how i was holding the massive ball of blankets and pillows.

"a cute monster, i hope?"

"yes. definitely a cute monster. the hot chocolate is almost ready."

"okay, i'll go downstairs and set up the pullout couch," i paused and added, "scaredy cat."

"oh shut up, betty." he laughed.

i switched on the lights on the stairwell and pushed the blankets and pillows down so i wouldn't trip.

i caught jughead staring at me. "what?" i exclaimed, laughing.

"nothing."

jughead came down with two mugs of hot chocolate a minute later. i was struggling with setting up the pullout couch.

"need any help?" jughead offered and grinned.

"nope. i'm good. you can set down the mugs on the table. on coasters," i grimaced, still very visibly struggling. "help."

jughead smirked and made his way over and successfully set up the bed. we laid half of the blankets on the mattress, leaving the rest to cover us later. i pulled the coffee table closer to the couch so we could get our hot chocolate easily and jughead made himself comfortable on the couch. i hopped right next to him on the bed and snuggled closer to him.
______