Day 155: Jealousy

It was quickly discovered that Zart was not the person to go to if one wanted to keep a secret. He did his best to keep quiet most of that previous morning, but busted at the sight of Alby and his birthday surprise; future plans for a treehouse; the idea was Newt's and the design was Gally's. It was a nice gesture that Alby had been touched by, right up until Zart exclaimed in the middle of everyone, "I SAW GALLY AND JO CANOODLING IN HER BUNGALOW THIS MORNING!" Needless to say the rest of Alby's day was pretty much ruined.

Thankfully, it wasn't long after Zart's outburst that the box came up with another Greenie. His name was still unknown, but out of all the boys he was by far the most terrified. He tried to runaway so many times that we ended up having to lock him up in the pit. The next morning we found him sitting in a pile of his own mess. I got shivers just thinking about it

It wasn't until that afternoon that Alby had finally gotten around to dealing with whatever issue there had been with Gally and I. And it was obvious he didn't know how to handle it.

We sat in the center of the soon to be finished Council Hall with the sun beaming down on our faces. The roof had yet to be constructed. My gaze followed Alby who was pacing back in forth. Newt stood lazily at the other end of the room with his arms crossed and his back leaning against the Maze wall.

"How long?" Were the only words that Alby was able to conjure.

"A couple months," Gally said, his voice low and hesitant to respond.

Alby stopped in front of him, not taking a split second to even glance at me. "I thought we were all clear on the agreement." Despite being close lipped I could see Gally run his tongue across his teeth. "You know the rules."

"Last time I checked neither of us left the Glade," I interjected. "We didn't harm anyone, I work just as many hours as the rest of you, and Gally works more than that. So what's the problem here?"

"He broke the agreement," Newt projected, not leaving his spot.

"What agreement?" I looked to Gally.

His head was bowed, hands running through his scalp, and eyes shut. "After what happened with Mikey..." Gally started, but he couldn't finished.

"We all agreed there should be no romantic entanglements. We agreed none of us were aloud to be alone with you," Newt replied. "In case something worse than what Mikey did..." His voice trailed off, but I got the point.

I took in a breath and froze, rewinding the last few months in my head. It hadn't even occurred to me that any of the boys wouldn't want to be alone with me. Than again, most of the time we were out in an open area. Rarely were any of us really alone. There eyes and ears were always on me. Accept when I was in the Bungalow.

"There are so many things wrong with what you just said. I don't even no where to start." Alby opened his mouth to speak. "No, your not gonna tell me why you thought this was okay. Because I'm gonna break down every single reason why it's not."

"You have the floor," Alby nodded.

"First of all, 'we' didn't agree to anything, because I was not a part of the conversation. Second of all, this is my life, I will decide who I want to spend my time with. And third of all, you can't protect me by sheltering me. Do you honestly think I would have let Gally anywhere near my room if I didn't want him there?"

"Jo's right," Newt murmured under his breath to Alby. "It was a stupid idea."

"We're just worried about you," Alby knelt down in front of me. His words were sincere. "The more boys there are in the Glade, the more hormones there are running around.