Dresses and Fun

That Saturday, Bianca drove her mom's car to my house. She literally skipped to my door. "Oh, Lizzie!"

"What are you girls doing?" My mom walks in from the kitchen.

"Going dress shopping for the prom." Bianca jumps up and down. "We're going as a group."

"Oh well have fun!" My mom says oblivious to the fact that I have a date! I Elizabeth Rose Shelly have a date to a school dance with the hottest guy in school! God Bianca's rubbing off on me too much.

"We will!" Bianca pulls me out of my house and drags me to her car.

"So, where are we going to get our dresses?" I ask.

"Kohls." Bianca pulls out of my driveway. "My mom let me borrow her credit card."

We blasted a bunch of Avril Lavigne on the radio. We sing along to complicated and sk8ter boi. It was fun. Then we got to kohls. This is going to be so much fun...

"Come on Lizzie!" Bianca drags me out of her car and into kohls.

They have a sale on dresses. No wonder Bianca's mom had us go here. She wants us to spend less cash.

"Let's go to juniors! They might have something that'll fit your skinny ass." Bianca drags me to the juniors section where there are some other girls shopping too. "Look prom dresses!"

There were no popular girls here. They shop at fancy stores like Sherri Hill and Mori Lee. But there were a couple of twelfth-grade girls that I recognized. Then one walked up to me and Bianca.

"Your Lizzie right?" The red-headed one asked me.

"That's me." My voice cracks.

"OMG your the girl that got asked out by that hot eleventh grader!" The blonde one chimes in. "Everyone's so jelly of you!"

"Shut up Becky!" The red-headed one yells at her. "Oh, by the way, my names Laura, that girl is my cousin Becky. She's in your grade."

Then I recognized the blonde one. Rebecca Adams, the only girl that can moderately stand Makayla Mack. I'm pretty sure she idolizes me. She got her friends to stop talking shit about me one time.

"You're awesome!" Becky smiles. "You stood up to Kayleigh when she called me a freak two months ago!"

"Yep, Kayleigh was being horrible wasn't she?" I remember now. We were in math class and Becky and I were the only people that got an A+ on the post-test.

"Oh my god shut up Becky!" Laura yells at Becky again. "I found this dress in extra small. My waist is too round but I think it would look really good on you!"

Laura hands me this long beautiful purple dress. It has thick tank top straps. "Thank you."

"What are you waiting for go try it on!" Bianca shoves me towards the dressing room. I try on the dress and it's perfect. I step out of the dressing room and walk back over to them.

"Oh my god... Lizzie, you're beautiful!" Bianca spins me around. "This dress was practically made for you!"

"It looks so good on you!" Laura says.

"Now the girls are going to be even more jealous of you!" Becky laughs.

"Thank you so much, Laura!" I hug Laura.

"No problem Lizzie!"

Laura helped Bianca find a dress. They eventually found a dress. The top part was black with a navy blue skirt. When Bianca tried it on it looked beautiful on her. It brought out her curves and made her look so much older than she actually is. She looked 21 instead of 16.

This has been one of the best days ever. I can't wait till prom. I can't wait for Jack to see me. I finally have a date! Things couldn't get better! Everything's perfect!