Uri rapidly made his way back to the bowl, where he began collecting the things he'd need for the meal. Bob watched him with curiosity as he went back and forth, the second such observation in as many days.

"Have you decided to bring her here," Bob finally asked. Uri was completely confused for a moment, before getting a comical expression, at least to Bob.

"No master. I am going to share a meal with Anne. She is the one that saved me from the police," Uri explained.

"Ah, so it is a new girlfriend," Bob realized.

"She is too old for me, but she is fascinating," Uri said, explaining it in a way that was much beyond his few years. He only paused for a moment to answer, as Bob continued to ask questions. It was becoming a game to the demon, and he finally couldn't resist the laughter. It erupted from him, very loudly.

Uri stopped dead, looking at Bob with mock indignation. "You played with me," he said.

"And it was a great deal of fun," Bob told him.

"Maybe I will marry Anne," Uri exclaimed.

"I thought she was too old for you, and how would Mia feel about you marrying Anne," Bob asked, taunting him.

Uri's face grew dark, at mention of Mia. "Boy, you need to figure out what you will do with Mia. She vexes you sorely," he said.

"I will forget her," Uri declared.

"But it is not that easy. You like her, and want to see her, thus you are unable to forget her," he said.

"Yes," Uri said, plopping on the ground, dejected.

"Here is an idea for you. Go to the town, the one where she lives and goes to school. Wait for her to walk home, and then walk beside her as she goes home. When she gets there, return to the trees. Should someone come, go into the trees. They will not catch you in the trees, if you do as I taught you," he said.

"You think I should," Uri asked.

"No, I know you should. There is no other way to find out if this infatuation you have with her is worth pursuing, unless you make the effort. Otherwise, I will have to beat you every day until you finally stop thinking of her," he said.

"Okay master, but I promised to meet Anne every day until I am finished with a carving, and I told her I would share a meal tomorrow," Uri told the demon.

"So, do those things. They will not stop you from also seeing Mia, will they," Bob asked.

"I guess not," Uri agreed.

"There is your plan, and now, your task. I want you to spend time with Mia, until you truly decide where she will fit in your life, or if she will not," Bob challenged him.

"Yes, master," Uri agreed, not giving any resistance, as he had been doing lately.

The next day, Uri had a new camp built, and a stew ready to cook. He made a cache in the trees, hopefully far enough out that a bear couldn't get to it. With that done, he hiked the distance to the school. When he got there, something was different. There were no kids, no adults, and as he looked, he realized there were no cars, not even the big yellow ones. It was the period that the kids were not at school.

After waiting awhile, he finally headed back to his camp. It didn't take long to have everything in the pot and cooking. The cooking was what truly took the time. He was worried about the food while he went to get Anne, but there was nothing he could do about it. There was also the idea of leaving a fire unattended, but again, he had little choice. He had made sure there was plenty of clean ground around the fire pit, so hopefully, there was little to no chance of it spreading.