Where it all began-9

The next few nights went the same I would have a nightmare wake up screaming and crying and tommy or Michael would hold me till I eventually calmed down.

"Breath ,breath Ali , your home your home" Tommy's arms hung around my body.
"I can't forget , all I want to do it forget tommy that's all , your voice cracked while your tears flooded your face.

"I need to get out of this house , tommy will you bring me to the horses" you hummed,
"It's the middle of the night Ali Polly will kill me you know she will have my head"he smiled. "Tommy if I don't get out of this house I will lose my mind and I'm leaving without you so it's up to you" you hold your stomach as your rise.

Opening the front door..
"wait up love" tommy grinned she'd kill me quicker for letting you go alone.

"Here take my jacket don't won't you getting sicker" tommy wrapped his coat around your shoulders , "thank you who knew you were such a gentle man" you smiled linking your arms with Tommy's.

"Hello pretty lady" you hum towards rose rubbing along her mane , "that's the first smile I've seen on your face in the last week "tommy sang your way , "haven't had much to smile about" you look away , "you know ali I'm so sorry for what they did I'll make them pay , I won't let anyone lay there hands on you again I promise" tommy moved closer , "tommy it is what it is and it wasn't your fault don't worry about it I'll get over it" you croak out.

The suns coming up we better get back.. "tommy can we just sit here and watch it"you smile his way, "of course love" he pulls you closer, leaning your head on his shoulder "tommy what did you do to forget the war?" , " I used drugs and I closed myself off to everyone and honestly don't do it the way I did" he hummed your way , "you know tommy your not a bad person like you think you are I see you for who you are"you smile.

Opening the door into the house.
"Morning all"you say , "Ali dear you shouldn't be out of bed come on back up stairs", "Polly if I go back up stairs I think I'm going to shoot myself I want to go back to my somewhat normal life please" you beg , "tommy and Michael , you better look after her cause of something happens I'll kill you both" Polly snaps at the boys , "of course mom" , "yes Poll".

It feels good sitting at this desk again  , I always enjoyed working it kept me busy and stopped me thinking too much.

"Ali it's lunch were you wanna go my treat" Michael winked, "can we just go to the garrison  for a drink I don't feel hungry" you replied, "tommy lunch let's go"you shout.

"You boys can let me walk alone I'm not gonna spontaneously combust you know"you smile, "just looking out for you is all" they both reply.

"Who's the new blonde behind the bar"you look at the boys, "grace she Irish" Arthur winks " don't be getting jealous now love your still my favorite".. "well thank god now that's cleared up I can about my day" you grin.

"I'll have a gin and tonic please"you smile grace's way , "of course, damn it I keep forgetting where stuff is" she smiles , "second shelf on the right behind the blue bottles" you smile , "you either drink here a lot of your a Shelby" she reply's , "technically there the same thing"you laugh, "I had this job before you", you will get the hang of things don't worry" you shuffle back to the boys. 

"How long as she been here?"You question tommy , "about a week or two why what's wrong?" Tommy's eyebrows nearly touch , "her accent is the exact same as the copper who attacked me and John bit strange they show up the same time is all" , "don't get a good vibe off that one just watch her"you face stiffens, "your just been paranoid that's all" he smiles your way , "maybe , maybe not we shall see I guess" you hum back.

After work you found yourself sitting in the kitchen  just staring something was bugging you and you just couldn't get rid of the feeling.

"There's my sunshine" John laughs coming towards you , "stop it you silly boy"you slap his arm, "esmes back today and I wanna do something nice any ideas" he beams your way , "bring her to the place you showed me and bring a picnic she will love it" you reply , "that could work you gem"he looks your way , "always here to help ", "John do you remember much of the night we were beating?" You throw his way , "not a lot I remember voices and pain"he laughs , "it's not funny John do you remember a girls voice talking to Campbell?"You smile , " a little not really stop thinking about it you will drive yourself mad" he kisses your forehead "off to pick up my wife".

On your way to the garrison a man grabbed your arm that face you saw made your blood boil.

"Get your damn hands off me you pig" you snap his way , "your a lot more talkative this time around watch your mouth" he snarls your way , "just letting you know I'm watching , I'm watching you all I see everything also let Mr Shelby know if he doesn't do what I need him to do I will take you again and you won't be back this time sweetie" he smiles, "if you lay a hand on me again I swear down I will hurt you and if I don't you know bloody well the boys will" , "if you want to get a message to tommy you do it yourself"you shove past him making him stumble.

You shake trying to open the door you slam it shut and fall down to the floor tears streaming down your face.

"What the fuck happened to you "Polly comes rushing over, "just a run in with Campbell disgusting animal of a man" you snap wiping your tears from your face , "I'm not even crying because I'm upset I'm crying because I'm angry I've never been this angry" you snap , "what's got you so angry love" Polly rubs your cheeks , "Tommy's working for him" he said "if tommy doesn't do what he has to do then he will take me and kill me this time", you reply , "that fool he will never learn I'll speak to him in the morning when his whiskey breath has gone" she bites her tongue.

On the travels up the stairs Tommy's comes out of his room toward you.

"Late night"tommy smiles you way, silence you couldn't even look at him , "aye what's wrong ali"tommy grabs grabs your arm , "Notting" you open your door , turning around you say " by the way Campbell says to tell you to hurry up with your job for him because if you don't he is gonna kill me this time"you spit his way slamming the door.

Lying in bed all night you tossed and turned getting more upset by the minute.

Your door opens quietly "ali you awake" John giggles through the room, "if I wasn't I guess asking me wouldn't work"you smile, "what are you doing in here are you lost John boy"you reply , "esme wanted space she didn't like the fact you thought of our date or that I brought you there first" he slurred his words,
"John your drunk you need to go to bed"you smile , "that's what I'm doing"he smiles jumping in beside you , "John do you think what your doing now will help you and esme?" You question him, "no probably not but the last time I was in this bed It was all easier so I'm giving it a go now"he smiles, alright good night John boy also don't touch me I'd hate to have to call tommy in here you laugh to yourself , as the already asleep John snores throughout the room, why is life so complicated you think to yourself is it meant to be this fucking hard.

Feedback guys are we loving or hating this chapter can't wait for the next it's about to get interesting🤭🤭 leave me a comment let me know what you think about it all also who's your favorite peaky blinders 👀👀 xx