3

{??? P.O.V.}

I woke up feeling warmth and softness. Opening my eyes, I saw I was in a bed. My wounds were all bandaged up, and there was a cold towel on my forehead. Then I remembered what had happened before, and that confused me even more. Why is a random stranger treating me with so much kindness? It made absolutely no sense, so my suspicion grew.

"Oh, you're awake" The girl from before entered the room.

She was so confusing to me, so intricate that I found my questions overflow.

"What's...your name?" I ended up asking her.

"Oh, I'm (Y/n), what about you?"

".....I don't have a name. All of my masters just called me scum or trash...."

I looked to see her face was contorted. Was that a sad look? Why would she be sad for me?

"Then....is it ok if I give you a name?"

It was a strange thing of her to ask of me. It's as if...

I nodded.

"Then, how about....how about Akira? I've always liked that name"

"That's good with me"

After I said that, my stomach unluckily growled.

"Hm, I'll be right back" She left so suddenly.

Once she returned, she had a bowl of soup with her.

"I hope you like soup?"

So utterly confused, I just nodded. She handed me the warm soup, and I slowly tried it. What the heck, this is....really good.

"Oh and, if you want anything else, feel free to tell me" She added.

At first, I was suspicious of her, but after telling me her reason, giving me good food, and giving me a name, I think she might be a nice person. When I woke up I saw my wounds were treated, too. Maybe I can really trust her? Maybe... my only wish could come true. Can I be loved? That dream seems not so far from reality.

Before I knew it, tears started to come out.

"H-huh?! What's wrong?" (Y/n) asked.

I can't believe I'm finally crying. I'm been holding it in these whole years, but when I finally get treated with kindness, the tears just came out.

"No, these aren't tears of sadness....these are happy tears..." I sobbed.

That's when she hugged me, and held me closely. She patted my back and soothed me, as I cried into her shoulder.

"It's ok now, you won't have to go through that pain anymore, I'm here for you" she said.

The next days after that, I was treated with great care and I got better quickly. My fever was gone, my wounds were mostly healed, and the pain I felt was gone. (Y/n) has given me so much, and it's intoxicating.

That's when I finally understood it.

So this is what it means to be loved. My once cold heart feels lighter now. There's a new warmth in me, all because of her. All because of her, I'll be able to live the life I wanted to. I want to stay with her forever. I want her to love me forever. I won't ever leave her, now that I've found her. My fated partner, my new hope. I won't ever let her leave me.