3 | ANGEL IN DISTRESS

Start from the beginning

"Dean... Dean's alive?" I ask, sitting up in the seat and looking at Cas in disbelief.

"Yes," Cas responds. "And so is his mother." My eyes widen, totally not expecting this. Cas glances at me, noticing my expression. "It's– a long story."

"Wait," I put my hand in the air and shift in my seat so I'm completely facing Cas. I guess I forgot about the seatbelt. "Does Dean know I'm helping you?" The look on Cas' face is enough of an answer, but he actually answers me as well.

"He specifically told me not to get you involved," Cas admits. I actually smile a little at this, amused.

"Whoa, you're just a little rebel, aren't you?" I say before plopping down in my seat the right way. I roll my window down and set my elbow on it, glancing up at the night sky. It's a perfect night to be driving with the window down. The wind isn't enough to shake my worry, though. I hope Sam is okay.

•••

~Third person POV~

Bailey is nothing like how Dean described her to be. Castiel assumed she would be evil like Dean said. He assumed she wouldn't be willing to help him. But she did; she even apologized for punching him. He definitely didn't expect that.

He turns his head away from the road for a second to look at her. She is singing along quietly to the radio, which she turned on a few miles back. She asked if it was okay if she picked the music, and then she asked if it was too loud. She also asked if her singing was bothering Cas. It wasn't. Cas doesn't say anything, but he actually likes hearing her sing. She doesn't belt the lyrics out, she just sings a little quietly and bobs her head, tapping her fingers against her leg. Something about this just makes the angel feel calm.

Castiel has seen all kinds of evil, and Bailey is far from it.

~ Bailey's POV~

We arrive to Aldrich in the middle of the night. I dozed off a couple times, but then jerk awake when we hit a pothole in the road. Some of these roads aren't so good.

"Stop!" I yell suddenly as I feel a weird sensation. It's like someone tied ropes to me and is pulling them hard. Maybe that's the feeling Cas was talking about. Maybe I'm sensing something.

Cas stops the truck. I turn back and glance around, seeing a road going to the right a little ways behind us. "We got to go that way," I tell Cas. "I felt something. Might be Sam."

Cas shifts the truck and backs up, before turning into the road. We drive like that for a little while, me feeling a pull in different directions while we are driving and leading Cas. I can only hope that we're close to finding Sam.

We finally stop outside a farmhouse, on the other side of town. After making a few phone calls, I figure out that it was rented two weeks ago to a woman with a British accent, and I mentally cheer. Then Castiel says something about how it is also warned against angels, at which point I turn to him with a bitch-face.

"You need to call Dean," I tell Castiel as I start to walk towards the house. We've been lurking outside for a few hours, not really going any further. Cas really can't, but that doesn't mean I have to stay back as well.

"What are you doing?" The angel asks as he pulls his phone and begins to dial Dean's number.

"I'm going to check it out," I say indifferently.

"I don't think that's a good idea," Castiel says, but I'm not stopping. "You should wait for Dean." I stop in my steps and take a deep breath before turning to face the trench-coated angel.