Chapter 7

I feel like this chapter isn't as good as I want it to be. Nevertheless, please enjoy and comment down below!

The high ranking officers all gathered in the meeting room. They all remained quiet, waiting for their Commander to arrive. Ren normally never arrived late to briefings, but he struggled to sleep through out the night, dreams of the girl hunted him. Her smiling face seemed to be burnt behind his eye lids and he hated it. Seeing her face made him want to hug her and kill her at the same time.

When they were training, he noticed how every guy stared at her shirtless form, undressing her with their eyes, and he wanted nothing more than to thrust his saber into their heads.

Shaking his past thoughts out of his head, he walked into the room, all heads turning his way. General Hux nodded his head at the Commander and began to inform them of the next mission. Simply another destruction mission to invade another colony allied with the Resistance, and kill all its members. Ren vaguely listened on, but once Hux mentioned the girl his interest pecked. "Supreme Leader wants the girl to go on this mission to prove her loyalty to the First Order," He spoke in a voice filled with authority. "She will be companied by Caption Phasma. Her job will be to kill every soul in the town and if she does not complete this task, she will be killed."

Ren raised his brow underneath the helmet, this would be a good show. The girl wouldn't be able to kill anyone, she had too kind of a heart.

The meeting was dismissed and the first thing Kylo did was stalk his way to her room. This mission would surely destroy her. 

Her guard stood outside the room and stiffened as Ren approached. CL saluted her commander before unlocking the door with the key code. 

Walking into her room, Melodie quickly turned around, and smirked as realized who it was. She sat at her bed and motioned for Ren to sit in the chair opposite her. He reluctantly did so. "What brings you to my lovely home Ren?" She wondered out loud. 

"You have a mission," he stated. "You will accompany Captain Phasma to Datoonie, a former rebel base. There you will find a tribe of people." Ren stood up, walking to the door. "You will kill every last soul of that tribe and if you fail it is your life on the line. That is your mission."

I sat on my bed, staring out the window, watching as TIE fighters departed the hanger. They never stopped. The Fist Order never stopped killing. Now they want me to kill for them. I have only taken one life. One that was meant to be saved. 

Jetakin what am I supposed to do. 

" I am one with the Force and the Force is with me," I whispered lightly, as I wrapped my arms around my upper body tightly. If this is what I have to do to keep balance, would I do it? 

Minutes later, CL gathered me from my room, and lead me to the air hanger. I gazed at all the fighters and stormtroopers, all in a file line receiving orders from another officer. I paid them no mind as I walked to, who I assumed  was, Captain Phasma. She stood out from the rest of the other troopers. Her armor, plated in sliver, expressed her higher power, yet made her seem like a greater target. 

I boarded the flyer and sat near the entrance, making no eye contact with the Captain. They gave me a blaster and a chest plate, but no other armor rested on my body. I dressed in my normal training clothes that normally fit fine, but now I feel so restricted. The Stone rest against my chest, covered by my shirt and plate. CL threw me a face mask, before I boarded, that covered my mouth. Now, it just seemed to suffocate me.  

"So just us huh?" I tried to take my mind off the killing, but Plasma said nothing more, leaving me to my thoughts. If I used the Stone, I could knock Phasma out as we reach the planet and escape. However, that would mean I could no longer be aboard the ship, where I could easily do more damage to the First Order than away. 

There's one other thing I could try, but I never got it right in practice, and it always ended in me fainting, or the Stone going out of control. 

I replayed different scenarios in my mind, trying to find an outcome that leads to no one's death. 

"We're here." 

The ship shook as it landed on the former rebel base. By now the natives would have known about our appearance. If they weren't armed, they would be soon. "You follow the mission, or I will happy shot you in the head." Phasma exited the ship first, her blaster ready for the kill. I silently followed after, minoring her actions. 

The planet was too quiet and the only sound I could hear was the crunching of grass underneath my feet and my own breathing. We walked silently, following the rock laid path with no one in sight. My heart began to pound louder and louder; I could feel the people a few yards away. I sensed around 20 of them, all of them frightened.  

Phasma hadn't noticed them yet, I would need to act fast. I hadn't practiced this in so long I wasn't sure if I could even do it anymore. I slowly began to fall back, gaining a few feet of distance before I channeled the Stone. It's warmth spread over my chest and I saw the Force waves pulsate around me, gathering into the palm of my hand before I threw them at Phasma. She stopped in her tracks. 

"What is the meaning of this?" She yelled as I forced her blaster to the ground. 

"Just sleep for a bit and I will be back!" I exclaimed as I waved my hand over her covered eyes. She fell limp to the forest floor and I knew I wouldn't have much time. 

I ran as fast as my legs could take me, cutting the tree limbs before me. The people were close. 

I cleared the forest path and ran straight into the gathering of people, stunning all of them. I held up hands up, dropping my blaster. "You are all in danger and you need to escape!" They looked at me in confusion. "The First Order is coming!" I yelled this time. Just mentioning that name, the natives began to scram. 

I looked around to see if there was anything I could do, but my eyes caught a glimpse of fiery red hair. Mom?

I followed the women, trailing her as she entered a hut. Before I could register what was happening, a man knocked me on to the ground, his knee on my neck. "Who are you?" He demanded. I looked into the blue angry eyes that held a familiar glint. "Mel?" 

"Melodie?" The man quickly pulled me up to my feet and I was pulled into the arms of another person. 

"Mom?" I looked into the well-known eyes of the women who brought me into this world, and I thought I would never get to see her again. "You're alive?" I couldn't believe my eyes. I grabbed her into my arms once again before accepting that she was real. 

"I barely escaped, but Lucas here saved me. He had a ship delivery before they came and just before they found me, we escaped and came here," she explained. Lucas...I remember him. He was our best pilot that could get us anywhere without a trance. I can't believe I forgot about him. 

"I heard there were Resistance fighters that were planning on reforming the base on Datooine so I thought this would be the safest place for us," Lucas said softly. "We found one of the Resistance pilots and informed him of what happened and he said he would be back to take us to the base." I could go to the resistance and help them fight, but wouldn't it be better if I was on the inside?

"When they took me their stupid snake leader wanted the Stone, but of course they can't have it," I started. "They want me to be Kylo Ren's sidekick or something, he even started training me." Mother looked disgusted. "If I go back to them I could do some damage on the inside," I finally revealed. "Plus I think I was meant to be there." 

Lucas looked at me as if I had grown another head, before understanding the good that could come from this. "I was sent here to kill every soul in this village, but now that everyone is gone, I don't have to kill. Captain Phasma is currently sleeping, but she should wake up soon. You need to leave." 

Mother gave me a final goodbye hug and a tracking beaker so I could know where she was at all times. Now it was time to face Plasma. Wonder how I'm going to fight my way out of this one.