Chapter 1

Fallen branches crunched under my weight as I ran towards the clearing

Fallen branches crunched under my weight as I ran towards the clearing. The dead forest slowly began to disappear behind me. I knew what I needed to do, but at the sound of a shell horn, my world stopped. They were here.

My feet pounded the ground as I ran back towards the warning signal, trees snagging and ripping my clothes as I went...The First Order.

The cries of my people rang in my ears as I cleared the forest, coming into view of the sea of white stormtroopers firing their blasters. One spotted my appearance and ran to towards me. I pulled my bow from behind my back and aimed an arrow at its blinding white helmet, firing without a second thought.

I engaged in battle quickly, taking down every stormtrooper near that hindered me from entering the inner borders of the city. Dead bodies of familiar faces lined the rocky pathway, their blood staining it crimson.

"Help me!" I heard a cry from behind, swiftly I turned to located its owner. I small child hid behind the dead body of what looked to be her mother. I ran to her, shooting another trooper as I went. The poor girl couldn't have been over the age of three. I picked up her small form and searched for a way out of this chaos.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a few villagers running into the forest out of sight from the troopers. I ran towards them, keeping out of sight. One of the people saw me and the child and stopped.

"Take this girl and run," I demanded. The man nodded quickly, fear written all over this face and joined the others escaping.

TIE fighters began unloading bombs and the outer levels of the city, causing flames to engulf anything in sight. Fighting off another masked man, I ran towards the center of the fighting, but stopped at the sight in front of me.

Mel!

A man in all black stood in front of Jetakin, a lightsaber at his throat.

Hide Melodie, don't let him see the stone!

I quickly dropped behind a nearby cot, using the stone to mask my presence. My grandfather locked eyes with me and I knew that this was the man that could destroy everything, just as he had with the Jedi Temple. Kylo Ren, the commander of the First Order and the head of the Knights of Ren.

"Where is the Stone?" He spat. The coldness of his robotic voice sent shivers down my spine as I gripped my bow harshly, turning my knuckles white. Jetakin stayed silent, his eyes never leaving mine. "If you want to stay silent maybe you will answer if your beloved daughter's life was on the line." I hissed. He meant my mother.

Two troopers dragged a body forward, their face covered by a burlap sack. They stopped in front of the faceless man, uncovering the person's head. Fiery locks fell around their head, cascading down their back in soft ringlets. I knew it was her.

"Leave my daughter alone, she has not the information you seek!" My heart raced in my chest as I watched my mother's almost lifeless body hit the ground, they must have drugged her.