5 - Our past part III (English)

Author's notes:

Sorry for the really short chapter, because it's just a flashback, but I promise to write a bigger one next week !! Kisses!

***

After the kiss and after we had applauded the musicians, I felt quite ashamed, but at the same time glad that he had kissed me.

A photographer appeared and asked if he could not take a picture of the two of us together. We nodded and looked at the camera. He said the photos would be delivered at the end of the year for each student.

The king and the prom queen were announced and the party continued. Me and Johnny went outside the school.

I was so ashamed. My cheeks flushed, but it seemed like I was going to explode with joy. He was so handsome, and he liked me. I mean, to kiss me he must really like me. Or not? Was I just one more?

No!

That could not be true. He was so kind, and sincere. I do not think I'd ever do anything to hurt myself.

We were on the porch and I noticed the moon was full. He also stared at the moon, seeming to admire her. I could see the sparkle in your eyes.

"Do you know what that reminded me of?"

- Romeo and Juliet? - I asked.

"You're very clever." He says with a smile.

- I'm an actress remember? - I laugh and so does he. I already watched and presented this piece in theater classes. It was quite common for those who studied acting.

"So you know the moon can not compare with your beauty, do you?"

I smile totally ashamed.

"The full moon, pale and sick with envy, does not compare with its brightness, my sun from the east.

My sun.

He called me "my sun". Does that mean I was his? Or that he was just using some Romeo phrases.

"Your sun?" - I asked.

"Do you know the meaning of the name Helena?" He asked and I shook my head, then he continued. "It means bright light." You're as beautiful as the sunlight.

My heart melted. That guy had me in his hands, to do anything he wanted with me. If I wanted to get married, I would get married right now. I did not think of anything else, I was in love. Yes, I am young, we are both. But is there any harm in this?

Wait, and I forgot a detail. He lives on the other side of the world. On another continent. Would he come here? Or would I go there?

By the time I planned an entire future for the two of us in my mind he came up to put one hand on my waist and another on my face, pulling me close to him and we kissed once more.

Time seemed to freeze, people no longer existed. Just me and him. But since it's not all a fairy tale, my dream turned into a nightmare the next day.