Eternally fleeting [55]

Start from the beginning

"You know you cant keep skipping lunch and going to the library forever. "

I scowl lightly walking right into the boys locker room as he followed giving me a weird look. Sasuke was one of the few who somehow found out my gender and couldnt understand how i could keep a straight face as some of the males were butt ass naked. "I'm just not hungry by time lunch rolls around. Besides, i rather sit in the library and read the bible then endure Inos flirtatious attempts at seducing me."

Hidden behind the shower curtain, i lift my shirt up and change into my gym uniform as Sasuke claims the one beside me. "We both know you dont go there to read bibles."

My face suddenly grew hot at what he was implying, huffing in denial.
"How many time do i have to tell you, that Akasuna is bad news."

A scowl graces my lips as I shove the curtain aside, my glare meeting an already dressed Uchiha.
"I know but give me a break. He was the first person i saw when i woke up." I reason. For the past two weeks i had been skipping lunch to go to the library to observe Sasori. Granted whenever i stepped foot in there, the redhead would abruptly leave.

My gut was telling me that he knew something, that they all knew something. I couldnt remember any of my past relationships with them and it pissed me off. The inability to recollect my memories made me feel vulnerable and weak. It was a feeling i learned i definitely wasnt accustomed to. "Yes and now you think you two have some sort of destined fate thats somehow linked together but you don't. You said it yourself that he's simply a family friend of your grandmothers and he just happened to find you at the right place and time." I purse my lips with an aggravated sigh as we walked out of the locker room, joining the others.

"Maybe youre right." I conclude in defeat as he flashed me his infamous Uchiha smirk.
"Of course i am." He finishes curtly as Guy-sensei instructs us to do some basic laps around the gym. "I forgot to ask how was the funeral?" Sasuke tensed, his head having a whiplash as i peer at him with concerned eyes. "How do you know about that?" His tone hostile.

"I mean the whole school knows, it was bound for me to catch wind of it..." I glance away sheepishly. "Look i know he was your brother, and its not my place to ask such an insensitive question. Gomen."

"No, its alright." He muttered after a moment making me sigh in relief.

My third period along with lunch passed quickly. Soon. all i wanted to do was go home and take a long nap. I gazed at my painting in awe, wondering how on earth i was able to create such a masterpiece; when i felt like the only thing i was capable of was an advanced stick person.

"Art is meant to last forever, to be cherished for generations to come." Sasori says with an eye twitch. My crimson hues glance at the two artist for a moment, suppressing my eyeroll.

"No way, un! Art should be fleeting, an explosion that fades away to nothingness!" Deidara argues making explosion motions with his hands.

"Fine art lasts forever."

"Nothing lasts forever." Deidara counters.

"Exactly, that makes art that lasts the longest the greatest form of art. True art can stand strong while time flows and whittles at it."

Deidara only waves him off, further irritating the puppeteer.
"The impact of an explosion remains in the mind and heart of an explosion for along time un."

"The only thing that remains from your measly explosions is scattered limbs."

"ONE TIME UN!"

It took everything i had not to tell the two teens to shut the hell up. I sigh closing my eyes and counting to ten.

"Oi, Tsu what do you think art is un?" I almost jump at the bark of my name not expecting them to drag me into the conversation as when it came to school, the Akatsuki family were strangers. The only time we interacted was outside of shool as i said when one of them would drop by to check up on me and Nagisa.

It seemed i wasnt the only one thrown off guard. Sasori was practically drilling holes into the side of Deidaras head making me wonder if i should answer or not.
Slumping in my seat timidly, i begin to add finishing touches to my painting which is just compromised of me running a paintless brush over the dry canvas because i knew i would fuck the painting up if it tried.
"I dont know...i guess its both...in my opinion." I mumble.

I was hoping that answer would suffice but it only managed to dig myself into a deeper hole as Sasori snorted. My face flushes in embarrassment as the first time the redhead ever acknowledged at school was to mock me. "Please enlighten me how my art and his are even in the same league? Whats the beauty of something that vanishes." He asked bluntly leaning forward and resting his chin on his hand.

Squinting my eyes in disdain at his arrogance, i get the sudden urge to knock him off his high horse. "Havent you ever heard the saying Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. Besides." I scan the room for an example, my eyes automatically landing on the piece in front of me.

Flipping the painting around, i point to the aesthetic sunset.
"Look at this sunset." i order.

Sasori raises a brow quizzically along with Deidara whom squinted.
"Isnt it ironic how the sun sets everyday but its beauty only lasts for a few moments."

A look if understanding and awe flashes through thwir eyes.
"A sunset comes each day for eternity, giving us many chances to marvel in its beauty. However, each day it only happens for a few moments making you only able to catch a glimpse of the beauty." I trail off with a soft as images of what i had painted kept popping up. I could feel the breeze brushing my fingertips, the sound of the water around the wooden dock. The place i had painted was real, i had long deciphered as i fiddled with the circular metal necklace around my neck.
"So yes i believe both your arts are in the same league because there is no bloody league."

*BRINGGGG*

I set my painting down and sling my bag over my shoulder, walking out the class briskily

Sasoris eyes followed the speeding girl in a daze. Even when all her memories were gone, she never ceased to surprise him.

"She told you." Deidara whistled with a knowing grin.

"Shut up brat."

||
As im walking toward my car which after a few lessons from Deidara, i finally got the grip of driving again. It was common sense really, just don't run anyone over.

I slow down though as a figure was leaning against my car. It was a teenage girl around my age, whom i hadnt seen around school. Before i could tell the bitch to get her tush off my car, i halt as she suddenly squeals throwing her arms around my neck.

"Oh my god, i heard what happened! Im sorry i hadn't been able to get in touch with you lately but my families been up my ass lately." She suddenly steps back with a small grin, holding out her hand.

"Fuck, my bad! You probably dont remember me but im Karin Uzumaki, im actually your childhood bestfriend."

I hesitantly shake her hand as she gives me an apologetic look.
"Im sure your family has atleast gotten you up to speed with who you were right?" The way she asks it sounds somewhat odd as if she knew the answer but needed confirmation. I nodded unsurely as her expression turns sly.
"Well did they happen to tell ya that you used to be a hardcore partyer."

"Really? Partying doesnt sound like something I'd enjoy." I counter skeptically as she throws an arm around my shoulder. If anything i was pretty sure i wasn't a fan of social gatherings as i nearly started hyperventilating from standing in the lunch line to long once.

"Well believe it because prom is only a few days away and my siblings are throwing a killer after party. Youre totally invited and coming, no buts." She clarifies with a chesire grin as i sweatdrop.

'Was i really friends with someone this pushy?' I thought.

Before i could even respond her eyes catch sight of something past me, and her expression falters. I glance over my shoulder as Kisame along with the rest of the boys were walking towards the lots i was in. "Ah well it's nice seeing you but i gotta go, my numbers already in your phone so I'll definitely be hitting you up with the prom deets laterz!"
||