We meet again [20]

7/22

||

"Gomen, but my names Yuri?" I narrow my eyes at the strange woman, panic building in my chest as I had no idea who she was.The two males behind her look at her then me then back to her probably as confused as I am.

Her eyes widen as her hand falls limp. "It's me, Karin?" She suddenly reaches her hand in her shirt and brings out a necklace very much similar to mine. Flipping the cover open, my eyes widen at the small ripped picture, her face the only thing visible. Her arm looked to be draped around somebody and my mind immediately connects the dots. She ushers to the small but visible chain hidden under my shirt. "You have one don't you?"

As if on cue, I grip my head in pain and turn on my he to leave. "Sorry, you got the wrong person."

"When the sun sets we meet again!"

I stiffen at those words but didn't show it.

I remembered.

Her name was Karin Uzumaki...my first friend.

Rin...

||

The drive was silent and long. Immediately after school Karin had wanted to show me something that would possibly help me regain my memory. I didn't know why I was so pressed to remember but for some reason it was important.  Even if it meant jeopardizing my cover.

Karin knew so much about me yet I could barely remember a thing. I had already told Nagisa I would be late in coming home tonight as I had other things to do after this.

"Turn here." She murmurs as I pull into a small dirt space. Getting out of the car, I scan our surroundings slowly and recognize the area.

"This is Fuji lake. A place that I had came to often while we were in the area as my foster father had business to attend to here."

I nod silently as we descended down a hill to a small wooden dock. I remembered this place. It was a place I used to come to also during the summer when my mother and father were alive. We both sit down on the edge of the dock. It was like it was so familiar but at the same time I still felt like there was something missing. "How are your parents?"

"They died 8 years ago." I murmur.

Silence falls between us as her gaze hadn't shifted from the scenery, glasses glinting from the sunlight.

"I see..." I smirked in silent gratitude towards the red haired girl. It was one of the reasons why we were so close then. She wasn't the pitying type and we were a lot alike. We understood eachother and had a mutual understanding of things.

I quirk a brow as a teasing grin graces her face, "Gomen for not meeting you guys on the day you left. I was busy with my father. Have you bumped into the boys yet?"

"The hell are you on about?" I ask making her  she scratch the back of her head sheepishly.

"Shit, I forgot you don't remember!" Putting her thumb and pointer finger to her chin she looks at the sky with a thoughtful expression.

"Well did you think we were the only ones that came to this lake? There were 2 others. They go to our school in fact."

I furrow my brows in annoyance as she wasn't getting the point. She smirks at my irritated expression, clearly loving my impatience.