My eyes widen. "What did you just say?" I can't be in Numidia, I am forbidden. Besides humans, it is impossible for a non-vampire to step foot beyond the veil. It is the same with the other Kingdoms - you must have permission to go through if you wish to enter. I only permitted to enter three of those kingdoms and Numidia is not one of them. The vampires, though, have no regard for me, considering I've killed over a dozen of their kind.

"I believe I said it quite clearly."

I shake the chains again. "I'm sorry, but my ears are impervious to bullshit. Tell me where I am now or I inject the antiserum myself!"

Valentine gives me a cocky smirk. "Now, why would you do that?"

I scream once more and rattle the chains, attempting to pull them off the wall. "Why not just kill me?"

He leans in closer until I could smell the musky fragrance of his cologne on his neck, and something sweet. "Because your blood is the key to my salvation." His breath tickles my ears. Valentine doesn't move from his place and he inhales my scent. "Mouth-watering isn't it, the blood that runs deep, don't you agree?"

I gulp hard and glance away. I hold my breath but realize it is doing nothing to help. My breathing turns ragged and a hiss escapes from my mouth as if I am one of them.

Valentine rips his wrist open with his fangs and a succulent aroma fills the air. I close my eyes tightly trying to control the fire that is now rising from my throat. "Get away from me."

The cruel vampire laughs and I watch as he licks the open wound and it heals. I breathe in deeply and try to inhale as much fresh air as I could.

"I will do precisely as you ask, anyway, it's not the time for you to turn into a full vampire just yet."

"My blood won't cope, I'll be dead before I turn into a lousy rat on wings."

"I won't allow you to die, we haven't played yet." He chuckles and leaves the room with a loud bang from the wooden door closing. "What you're feeling is just from the venom from my bite, think of what will happen when you get a taste of my blood."

From my anger, I squeeze my fist tightly and a ring forms around my wrist. "Valentine!"

It's not possible for me to become a vampire. My blood has a fatal effect on their kind meaning my body would kill itself before I can even sprout fangs. I can't be a vampire, I need to drink his blood first - and bite and venom from a vampire isn't enough to turn someone into their kind. An exchange of blood needs to happen to be able to do so.

I use my hands to feel my body for anything I could use to either pick this lock or call someone who can. Of course, the bloodsucker removed my weapons and my mobile phone. One thing he didn't remove was a thin piece of metal I had in my boot in the event that I am required to unlock something.

You're a dead vampire, Valentine, I vow in my mind. I skillfully unlock the cuffs around my wrists and ankles and stretch my limbs.

Quietly, I slip out of the cell and into the dungeon. All are empty and riddled with dirt and grime, perfectly fitting for a prisoner.

As I approach the main door, I hear muffled sounds and voices coming from above. The distinct sound of Valentine's voice does not stall me from entering a vacant domed room. It was all stone, weathered and old.

"Damn these doors, how much more does he have," I say under my breath as I face three doors with equal distance in between - four walls, four doors.

Very smart, Valentine, but you cannot fool me. I must be in the heart of his oasis. I creep, slowly, to the door opposite me and twist the knob. Luck must be on my side today because I picked the right door because it appears to be an entrance to my captor's colossal home.