Pushing feelings Aside

•°•°•°It's been a few days since the incident between you and Tord, and you've been ignoring him ever since. You would talk to Tom more and laugh at his jokes more than usual, just to make Tord more jealous. At other times you sat far away from him and when the only seat was next to him you sat on the floor.
"(Y/N) your gonna have to talk to him some time... He's really upset. And plus, didn't you say you liked him?" Your concerned brother Edd, asked. Hoping you'll at least say hello to Tord.
"... I don't really care what he's feeling right now... I'm a detective Edd, I can't be worrying about feelings at all. Trust me it's best I shut it down before it gets serious..." You blankly state as you checked the police stations website.
Edd sighs and turns to you, he hated seeing his friend so unhappy and it makes him feel even worst because his own sister is the reason for the lack of happiness.
"Why?" He suddenly asks as he places his pencil down on his sketch pad.
"Why what?" You ask as you close your computer, not seeing anything new on the website.
"Why do you hate him so much all of a sudden? What happened?"
You jumped at the question, cursing yourself after. You look at Edd to see any kind of sign of him not needing an answer, or that he caught your sudden jump. He did, and he still longed for an answer.
"I-It's just between us... something really personal. I don't want you to get involved, so drop it okay?" You sharply snarled. Edd looked at you tears threatening to fall.
You sigh, getting up to hug your older brother, sometimes you forget that he is super sensitive when your mean to him as if you might leave him if he makes you mad enough.
"Edd... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so rude to you. Don't worry about what's going on between me and Tord, I might not forgive him but it won't matter anyways it's not like I'll be staying here forever... And neither will he." You calmly state, whispering the last part to make sure Edd didn't hear.
You wanted to turn in Tord but seeing how much Edd trusts him as a friend, you just couldn't. Hopefully, they'll find out themselves how much a monster he is. You still couldn't understand how they didn't see the wanted posters basically plastered everywhere, waiting to be discovered.

•°•°•°
Later that day, you were reading your favorite book. Ringo was resting next to you, enjoying the silence but it was sometimes swiftly interrupted by a page being turned or the sleepy cat's purring.
But as usual, in a house full of boys, the silence wouldn't last long. A soft but loud knock echoed through your room. You groan, annoyed with the interruption as you place your book down gently, Ringo running up your arm and placing himself in a warm comfortable place on your shoulder.
You open the door to be greeted by a stressed out Tord. His hair looked a mess as if he has been combing his hands through his hair over and over again. He smelled more like smoke than usual, hinting that he's been smoking more. His eyes were red and puffy and his face was stained with tear marks, he has definitely been crying. You felt a knot in your heart when you saw him, it hurt to see someone like this. You could only imagine how the others felt.
But, you brushed off those feelings inside and stared coldly at him.
"(Y/N) look..." he pleads, begging you to let him talk. But before he could finish the sentence, you swiftly shut the door on him, walking off to read your book again.
Ringo looked at you with a disproving look.
"Don't look at me like that, I made a promise... I need to keep it." You simply say, opening your book continuing where you left off.
"Okay... I know you don't care and you're probably ignoring everything I'm saying. But I need to get this off my chest. I'm sorry for what I did. I wish I could go back and stop myself from doing what I did, I'll do anything to make you at least look at me again..." You hear him say. He sounded like he was about to cry, you felt terrible but you remembered how he killed your best friend and the promise you made to her... You couldn't forgive him unless she gave you a sign. Which was certainly impossible.
...Or was it?

•°•°•°