9

After successfully putting on one of Faye's dresses and not hearing it almost rip at the seams, I huff in accomplishment

After successfully putting on one of Faye's dresses and not hearing it almost rip at the seams, I huff in accomplishment. I happen to be half a foot taller than Faye and we have two very different body types. But because I didn't have anything she deemed 'perfect', Faye let me raid her closet, well, she raided it for me.

With the majority of Faye's clothes being red or black, I found a red satin halter dress with a plunging neckline, no back, and it is a bit too short to wear in public, but that is exactly what I'm going to do. Confidence isn't something that I was born with, so I have to fake it until it's real.

I leave my hair down straight and fluffed up to look sexier, and Faye does my makeup to make it look effortless and natural, meanwhile enhancing my dark features. Slipping on a pair of black Louboutin pumps with the red bottoms, I'm probably standing at around 6'1 now.

After doing the finishing touches myself, I step out of the room only to hear a wolf whistle, followed by clapping and shrieking, the ever supportive Faye. Standing there in all her glory is the beauty, her smoky eye shadow making her aqua blue eyes pop out even more than usual.

Breaking her most predictable habit, she is wearing a figure-hugging black wrap dress, black heels, and her red hair is curled with a wand. We take a few pictures and decide to head out, calling a cab due to Faye's insistence. She's such a bad influence but I need someone to dropkick me out of my comfort zone.

We laugh and talk throughout the short ride there, stepping out of the cab and onto the shaking ground of the property. The beat of the music from inside the soccer house carries far away, and they're lucky that the nearest neighbors aren't so near.

The two of us walk up the pathway, making our way to the familiar door. Instead of knocking because I doubt anybody would answer, I push the door open to be greeted with the smell of alcohol and sweat. It's like any normal party with the makeshift "dance floor" and beer pong tables, except this place has a real DJ, multiple beer pong tables for a tournament, an actual bar with a bartender, and it even has a pool in the backyard.

The two of us are overdressed compared to everyone else. Sundresses are as fancy as it seems to get, and here we are rocking a couple of cocktail dresses and I couldn't care less.

Not wanting to dance right away, Faye and I make our way to the bar and flag down the bartender. We aren't legal drinking age yet but that doesn't stop anyone here, instead of asking us for our ID's, he's asking for our orders. I look at Faye with a shrug and she orders two tequila shots.

The bartender places down the shot glasses and fills them up. We each toast to someone different. I say: "To Reece!" and Faye says: "To Chase!" and the two of us laugh, clink the glasses together, and down them. I wince majorly, trying not to gag.

Faye drags me over to the makeshift dance floor until a hand grabs my other arm. Looking down at it, then following it to its body, I lock eyes with a smiling Reece. He looks past me at Faye, his smile brightening even more.

"Hey you! Come dance with us!" I demand, twisting my arm around to grab his instead and we form a sort of train to get through the crowd. We all start to dance and let ourselves enjoy the party, not worried about other people and just having fun with each other. Some guy comes up to Reece and whispers in his ear, making Reece smile and turn back to us.

"Come on guys, we're gonna play a game." Reece says while dragging both of us with him, Faye and I exchanging curious glances.

He leads us down the hall, holding each of our hands properly and pulls us into what seems to be the tv room. It is much quieter here, with fewer people and around the room there are a couple of old-school arcade games, an air hockey table, and a huge tv surrounded by three big, leather couches. Sitting around those couches are maybe twelve people.

Walking around the furniture, we move to join them. I sit between Reece and another guy, turning my head and immediately rolling my eyes when I see who it is. Tattoos, aka, Maddox. He winks at me and I laugh. Faye sits on the other side of Reece, and I look across the circle and spot Chase sitting directly across from me with a girl on his lap, he is staring at me with a cheeky grin. I give him a small fake smile back and turn my head to Maddox who seems to be itching for my attention.

"Hi," I say, acknowledging his presence.

"Hey, I never did get your name, but I heard your screams all night so I feel like I know you pretty well," he says with a smirk making my jaw drop a bit. He says it just loud enough for a few people close to us to hear, the others not paying any attention.

I tilt my head to the side and smile condescendingly. "Too bad I can't say the same. Either you didn't get any, or it wasn't that great on your part." I say loud enough for anyone listening to hear. A few "Oooohhh"s are heard after delivering my blow.

"Quick, I like it," Maddox appreciates, completely unbothered by my comeback.

"No, the point is not to be quick. Keep up," I laugh and he shakes his head with a big grin showing off his white teeth and sharp canines.

"I'm Maddox," He tells me, leaning in closer when the noise level of the room rises as more people drift in and I smile despite already knowing his name.

"Lexi," I tell him, already feeling quite comfortable around him despite his cocky demeanor. Feeling a piercing gaze on me from the side, I turn my head to look at Chase staring at me, while at the same time Reece speaks up announcing that we're going to play Never Have I Ever, and then Truth or Dare once we're a bit loosened up. I roll my eyes. Childish.

Reece starts with "never have I ever smoked weed" and a few people drink, not including Faye and me. Surprisingly, Chase doesn't drink, but unsurprisingly, Maddox does. I smirk at him and he smiles back at me as he takes a drink, pushing me lightly and making me laugh.

I go next. "Never have I ever had a threesome". Chase and Maddox both drink.

"Hmmm," I ponder, looking between the two obviously and everyone laughs when they make the connection. Maddox splutters his drink and laughs, shaking his head.

It goes around the circle for a while like this, the more experienced people drinking more often; this includes Faye although she passes on a lot that I'd have thought she wouldn't, such as "never have I ever had sex in public". She's always been wild.

When it's Chase's turn, he says "never have I ever cheated." I clap sarcastically.

"You deserve an award." I deadpan and Maddox laughs from beside me. I note with a smile that he doesn't drink either. I didn't expect Reece to and he doesn't, not that it would be difficult to lie during this game.

Eventually, we get bored of the high-school game and switch it up to another game meant for teenagers. Truth or dare. Chase finally pushes the girl off of his lap and we start.

The usual dares come out, and we are playing with a bottle so they can't be directed towards a specific person, you have to say the truth or the dare out loud before the person is picked by the bottle.

"I dare you to kiss someone in the room." Someone I don't know says.

The bottle swiftly lands on me.