Chapter Fourteen - Battle (Short Chapter)

I dug at the pile of rocks, pulling out small ones and large ones that would take at least 10 men to move. I was determined to find Loki, not only for Thor but because I didn't even get to say goodbye, and I found that unfair.

Every minute or so, a few lasers would come my way and I would have to take cover, but once they were gone, I'd get back to moving the rubble.

Finally, I found Loki under the rocks and pulled him out, laying him on the floor. I stared at him unsure of what to do. I thought for a while and then just decided to do something simple; slap the shit out of him.

So I did.

SLAP!

Loki woke up with a jolt, holding his face and looked around.

"Am I dead?" He asked, looking at me.

"You wish you were," I reply and get up. "Come on let's go."

Loki stood up and he and I headed towards the fight. Cap was out doing his own thing, while Natasha and Clint were working together. Tony was airborne, Banner was, well, Banner and Thor was by himself fighting off some aliens, and the second Loki saw him, he ran over to him to help him out. 

Me? Well, let's just say I stuck with my fists and worked on the small groups of aliens that were running away from the others. 

As the aliens came my way, I'd knock them down with my arms or legs and either beat them to death or snap their neck. It was fun honestly, to be able to release all my anger in something that was for a good cause. It wasn't until I got knocked down by an alien that my fun was over.

The impact was a bit shocking and knocked me off balance but I was quick to hesitate. I pushed away from the alien, causing it to stumble backward off balance. I ran up to it and through my hand straight into its chest and ripped out whatever was letting it live, crushing it in my hand.

Suddenly, everything went still, including the aliens. I looked around, locking eyes with the rest of the confused Avengers.

"What's going on?" Tony asked over the coms. "These dumb bastards are just floating here!"

"I don't know," Cap replied.

Slowly, the aliens turned around and faced me, each one of them. They all held up their guns, pointed at me and stood there for a second. I was lost, I was confused and worse, I couldn't move.

"(Y/N) MOVE!" Everyone yelled.

But they were too late, the aliens had opened fire and I could feel each bullet hit my skin. I screamed in agony as every part of my body began to heat up and sting like crazy. I continued to scream as everyone came to my rescue and fight off the aliens that were trying to take my life.