5 | THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DEFENDING AND UNDERSTANDING

Klaus Mikaelson almost slaughtered the entire Mystic Grill when he realized that his soulmate is missing. With barely suppressed rage, he breathed in deeply, trying to catch her scent. Slight relief reached his soul when he found it. He kneeled over when a pain struck his heart and he knew something was wrong with one of his siblings – daggered most probably. Fantastic, another thing to worry about.

His soulmate first though, Kol is immortal. He speeds around to the back of the Grill and saw her lying unconscious by Damon Salvatore’s feet while Kol layed daggered by Alaric’s. The Hybrid rushes over, undaggers Kol and knocks Alaric against the wall. Stefan tries to attack Klaus but his neck was snapped by a newly awakened, highly pissed off Aliya. Her face was pale and her vibrant golden eyes stood out against them.

“I should have killed you months ago. You kidnapped my sole reason for existence and for that you shall perish.” Klaus snarled at the oldest Salvatore as Aliya stepped to him. She grabbed his hand. Even in her weakened state, she looked deadly with the glare on her face. Damon had to admit, maybe it wasn’t his best idea to talk Alaric into plunging a needle full of wolfsbane into her neck and then kidnapping her. If Klaus isn’t going to kill him, his fiancé certainly will.

“Do it. It's not going to stop Esther from killing you.” The Salvatore snapped back smugly. Aliya frowned, but didn’t say much. There was something of about that woman, apart from the fact that she turned her children into bloodthirsty immortals.

“What did you say about my mother?” He asked, clearly taken by surprise over Damon’s words. The werewolf ran a soothing hand over her soulmate’s back.

“You didn't know I was friends with your mummy? Yeah, we have a lot in common. She hates you as much as I do.” The blue-eyed man practically bragged. A furious growl ripped from Aliya’s lips and she sped forward grabbing Damon by the neck. He struggled but even in her weakend state she was stronger than him.

“Do not try and escape my grasp. At full strength, I am able to take down an Original if I want to. You are a puny vampire compared to them.” The werewolf informed him glaringly.

“H-how are y-you s-so-o stro-ong?” He struggled out, clawing at her hands.

“You would like to know, would you not?” She smirked, changing her eyes to the vibrant amber color that identified her as a wolf, and just as she was about to sink her toxic werewolf teeth into Damon’s vampire skin, Elijah appears at the top of the stairs.

“Leave him!” The suited Original ordered. She turned her head, golden eyes shining brightly, and raised a perfect eyebrow. “We still need them.”

Her brows shot to her hairline, “What for? He is of no use to us.” He held her gaze, his eyes screaming at her. "Very well." She agreed reluctantly, not really know what was going on, and dropped Damon to the ground with a loud thud.

“What did mother do? What did she do, Elijah?” Klaus questioned his second eldest brother that is also his best friend. Receiving no answer from the suited man, the Hybrid’s irritation and annoyance grew. The fear that his mother might do something to his soulmate, taking her away just as he got her back again, was not far away either. Elijah walks down the stairs towards Damon, holding a phone.

“You tell me where the witches are or I'll have my sister kill Elena right now.” The suited man threatened seriously as confusion filled the female werewolf. What the hell did she, Kol and Klaus miss while at the Grill? Damon looks up at the clock tower and sees that it's 8:30.