ii. aguamenti

Jules's family were delighted when she was sorted into Slytherin

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Jules's family were delighted when she was sorted into Slytherin. They were a clan of diversity, having members from all walks of life and who were sorted into all the Hogwarts houses. Her father was especially pleased as he himself had been a Slytherin. She had many friends and was the epitome of popularity amongst her housemates, who talked about her pureblood heritage and about how cool she was for having two famous Auror parents.

Jules herself couldn't quite understand why she gained so much attention and it was evident that Rowan didn't feel quite as loved, so she reassured her new-found friend that she wouldn't trade her for anyone in the world. She would rather talk to Rowan about wand woods and Bowtruckles than be followed by an army of admirers.

For the first few weeks at Hogwarts, Jules never took much notice of the fiery-haired boy from the Sorting Ceremony with the robes that were a little too big for him. It was probably because he kept to himself most of the time and she was far more outgoing, although incredibly stubborn.

She soon learned (after never paying much attention in Potions, which she and her fellow Slytherins shared with their rival house- Gryffindor) to remember the red-head boy's name: William Weasley, who was endearingly referred to as Bill.

She knew the name. Of course she did. The Weasleys were one of the Sacred Twenty-Eight: twenty-eight wizarding families whose blood was pure like no other.

Jules herself was a pureblood, descending from the Abbott family on her mother's side and the Carrow family on her father's. Both of which were formidable and reputable in their own ways.

But somehow, the pureblood status never really made sense to her. She always believed that witches, wizards, and Muggles should be allowed relationships with one another. What was so wrong with that? However, from a young age, she and her older brother- Jacob- was brainwashed with the idea that Muggles were filth and should never, ever mix with the Wizarding World and that anything less than pureblood should be eradicated.

"If you ever meet a Muggleborn, Jules, don't get involved with them," her father- Alphard- had told her sternly the day before she departed for Hogwarts. "And don't mingle with those who sympathise them, especially if you're unfortunate enough to cross a Weasley; they're soft on Muggles."

"But why is that so bad?" Jules questioned, to which she got no response. She'd never met a half-blood or a Muggle before, but she knew that she would make her own judgment as to whether they were as bad as her parents made them out to be.

So, when she said hello to Bill for the first time, she didn't see him as some sort of traitor or monster, but simply as he was: an eleven year old boy with a love and a talent for magic.

There soon came a day when Jules panicked over a Potions essay- her third one, to be exact- that she left until the last minute. She searched for Rowan, but couldn't find her, so tried the library. But instead of Rowan, Jules saw Bill. He was sat besides the window, alternating between scribbling on a piece of parchment and flicking the pages of a textbook. He looked so engrossed in his work that Jules didn't want to bother him, despite the fact that (at this very moment) he was the only person who would be willing to help her with her stupid essay.

Snape's going to kill me, she thought gravely.

And so, Jules turned on her heels and left Bill without him even noticing she was there in the first place. She would just have to hope that Snape was in one of his better moods and that detention would be the best possible outcome to her incomplete homework...

𝙼𝙾𝙾𝙽𝙳𝚄𝚂𝚃 || Bill Weasleyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें