Chapter 14: Sunny Skies and Thighs

Magsimula sa umpisa

We checked in at the front desk and made our way over to our condo for the weekend. When I walked in, I was immediately drawn to the floor to ceiling glass doors that led to the balcony. I dropped my purse on the couch and made my way outside. I grabbed onto the railing, closed my eyes, threw my head back, and exhaled. I felt as if I had been holding that breath all my life. The breeze from the ocean just below swept across my face. I rolled my neck as I thought about the past few months of my life.

Unlike Alabama weather, my life had seen many seasons in such a short amount of time

Unlike Alabama weather, my life had seen many seasons in such a short amount of time. During the summer of my mini-lifetime, I was overjoyed to add mother to my list of titles soon. I was excited to carry the next generation of Tates within me. Summer rolled into Fall, with a whirlwind of emotions and bad news. Stressful doctor's visits and imbalanced hormones kept me on edge. It wasn't all bad. I got to hear the sweetest melody flow from my womb, a sound that I could never forget. Fall quickly snapped into Winter, the day I saw my sweet baby boy laying their peacefully, unmoving. Our Winter was filled with below freezing conditions and blizzards. Instead of our love being blanketed in white like snow, it was covered in black. The dark clouds were hovering and setting in.

Now I feel that we are in the Spring of our mini-lifetime. Much with any other Spring, there is rain and tornadoes, but you also saw the blooming of flowers and life being restored to the places that harsh winter damaged. All of a sudden I felt arms wrap around me. I leaned back into my husband's embrace with his familiar scent tickling my nose.

" Bighead, what you out here thinking about," Zach queried leaning in nuzzling his nose in my neck peppering my neck with warm kisses.

" Just life baby, but I'm good," I said while rubbing my hands along his strong forearms, " and I'm hungry."

" What you got in mind" Zach stated lazily while still semi-assaulting my neck. I knew that he was sexually frustrated. It had been almost three months since we last had sex and somehow, I felt like this trip would be spent in this room if I didn't reign him in.

" I was thinking the Hangout, let me just get in the shower and wash this ride off," I spoke while wiggling out of his hold. I heard him sigh and suck his teeth. I just laughed to myself and kept on my journey. I was equally as sexually frustrated as him, but I was also hungry.

I laid out a change of clothes across the bed then grabbed my toiletries and headed into the bathroom. I turned on the shower, allowing the water to warm, while I stripped down. I pulled my hair up into a bun and hopped in. I allowed myself to get lost in the warmth of the water until I felt a presence behind me. Zach took the loofah from me and began to run it across my body softly.

 Zach took the loofah from me and began to run it across my body softly