Seduction In A Glass (Home Is Where The Heart Is)

-- -- --
Note: I've got a minor-ish headcanon that appears in here that Alma is French and another that Allen was somewhat raised in Germany. I don't speak French and I'm pulling everything off of my best friend, Google, and I'm only a German I student so I only know so much German and I am getting help from Google too, so apologies if I fuck up any language here. 
-- -- --

ii. Home Is Where The Heart Is

One of Kanda's favorite things (he would never admit it) was to see his lovers comfortable and content. Which was a fucking sappy sentiment, but he meant it all the same. And waking up tucked between said lovers - well, loathe to admit it, he found himself smiling.

And the silence, he loved it. It wasn't the bad kind of silence - like the ones where no one could stand to be home when so much was happening, the ones where Allen locked himself up in a room with headphones in to drown out his thoughts, the ones where Alma slept for hours because they were too tired to handle doing anything else. It was the good kind of silence, the one wear he could hear Alma and Allen's soft breathing and everything felt fine. Felt better than fine, it felt great.

A soft buzz from Alma's phone on the bedside table made Kanda stifle a groan. He detangled himself from the pile of limbs and grabbed the phone, before leaving the room quietly. He quickly answered the phone while making his way to the kitchen to start brewing a pot of coffee.

"Yes?" he asked. He set about finding where Allen had hidden the creamer (behind the banana bread), and preparing a cup of coffee and two of tea.

"You're not my daughter," the woman on the other line said, sounding worried and mildly annoyed. "Where's Amalie?"

"Amalie? You mean Alma?"

"Yes, yes. Amalie, she still goes by that silly nickname, does she?"

Kanda pulled the phone away from his face and sighed, too tired to politely talk this early in the morning. "I'll grab Alma." He did not want to grab Alma.

There were few things that weren't some source of stress for Kanda's lovers these days, and to see them sleeping peacefully was, perhaps, an act of kindness he didn't want to disturb. He'd have to anyway.
Typically grumpiness settling in, he made his way back into the room with a frown. Alma was just sitting up, bleary-eyed, and Kanda's heart jumped again as he remembered just why he fell in love with them. He nodded towards Alma's phone in his hand and mouthed, "Your mother."

Alma rolled their eyes and followed Kanda into the living room. They picked up the cup of coffee their boyfriend offered and put the phone on speaker mode before Alma tucked themself into Kanda's side.

"Amalie, dear?" Their mother asked. "Is that you?"

"Yes, Maman. It's been so long, how are you?"

"Oh, I'm doing just amazing, ma bichette. But I have wonderful news!"

Kanda pulled a face at Alma behind his cup of tea and his lover gently swatted at his knee. They happily said, "Do tell!"

"I'm coming to visit next week! Won't it be great, ma bichette, and you can finally introduce me to that boyfriend of yours." Alma's face dropped slightly, looking vaguely panicked.

"Yeah, Maman, I can't wait that sounds amazing. Au revoir à toi aussi." They hung up the phone. Alma seemed grateful to not be dealing with their mother, before they said, "I never told her." Kanda sighed.

"What's going on now?" Allen asked as he walked out of the bedroom. His hair was damp and left down after a shower and he was already dressed, gloves not yet on. Out of the three, he was the only morning person in the house. Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say Allen was almost always supernaturally happy. He asked, "Eggs?"