Seduction In A Glass (Home Is Where The Heart Is)

i. Seduction In A Glass

Alma Karma loved children, loved working with children. But kindergarteners were barely more than children and they were exhausting . After a long day, Alma wanted nothing more than to go home and cuddle with their boyfriends, but since Allen was visiting his cousin back in London and Kanda was away for work, it was a no go.

So Alma decided to substitute the lack of cuddling (and honestly, kissing) with a trip to a bar and a glass of wine. Which was how they ended up sitting at the bar counter, idly chatting with Michael Fisher, a coworker of theirs.

"You seeing anyone?" Mike asked with a chuckle and another sip from his own beer glass.

Alma raised an eyebrow, "Ah, yes."

"Really? I'm not surprised."

"Well," Alma smiled widely, "Thank you."

It was more useless talk that held no meaning for a little while longer. It was nice, getting to talk with friends from work. "So," Mike said, sometime later, "Where is said boyfriend?"

"Oh." Alma seemed to be saying that quite a bit tonight. "He's on a business trip. Allen's in London." Mike nodded and asked how long they and Allen had been together. "Going on, maybe, 6 months?"

"That's cool, that's cool." He nodded towards Alma's empty wine glass, "I'll buy you another."

Alma smiled kindly at Mike and gladly accepted the offer, their phone buzzed softly in their pocket. "Ah, sorry, but I have to take this."

Mike nodded as he raised a hand to call over a bartender. Alma answered the call to hear a frantic and tired Allen. "Oh thank God! Alma, please save me.I think I'm going to die."

Alma laughed, and Mike could appreciate the sweet, clear sound. "Allen, calm down," they said, "You're not going to die."

"Yes, I am," Allen said, sullenly. "They're all sociopaths, why did I visit them again? I wanna come home." He whined a little bit at the end, and Alma found it utterly adorable.

"You went because you haven't seen your family in over 2 years. And because you love them. You'll come home and then complain how boring it is. You'll live." Mike raised an eyebrow and Alma warmly rolled their eyes.

"Fine." Allen drawed the word out, and Alma could hear the pout. "Love you."

Alma was smiling. "Mhm, me too. I'll talk to you later." With a sigh, not unkind, and took a long mouthful from their cup.

"Stressed?" Mike asked, with a smile of his own. Alma shrugged and Mike seemed to be debating to ask something. "We could go out sometime? Your boyfriend doesn't have to know."

Alma blinked, before giving a small chuckle and shaking their head. They were about to answer when a text message interrupted them. They snapped open the phone quickly with a sigh. Lenalee.

Yes, dear?

I'm dying, send help , Lenalee said.

Alma finished typing a reply and turned back to Mike, I'll drop some chocolate by your apartment on my way home.

Thank you! <3

"Sorry," Alma said with a smile. "But no, no. I'm not really looking for another boyfriend, right now. But thanks for the offer," they said.

Mike hung his head and gave a low chuckle, "Ah, no. It's fine. I overstepped."

Alma finished their glass of wine, wrapped up their conversation with Mike, and hailed a taxi to drop them by Lenalee's apartment complex.

They loved their life, but they just couldn't wait until their boyfriends got home.