"She's all yours"

Yuzuru's POV

I waited downstairs to do some interviews before we were called back up to the medal ceremony. I still can't believe that I won. I'm just so happy that she was able to see me win for her. Now, I can't wait to step on that podium, get my medal, skate over to her, show her the medal and say, "This is for you".

"Yuzuru Hanyu, Tatsuki Machida and Javier Fernandez to the rinkside please"

I go back up to see that it was pretty dark so I'm not able to see her, but I know she's there. They call my name first and I touch the ice before skating to the podium. I stand on the middle podium and wait to receive my medal. When I do get it, I look at it and smile. This is another medal that I have been waiting to get since I was little. When the ceremony was over, I stepped off the podium and skated around, taking a victory lap. I went to where she was sitting and she wasn't there. Neither was her mom. I looked around more, seeing if she maybe moved.

"Maybe she's tired. She must be pretty weak from collapsing the other day" I think to myself

I push that out of my brain and focus on the moment. I would call her right after the ceremony to check up on her. As I skated off the ice, I went back downstairs to call her. I had some interviews to do, so I would only have a small amount of time to talk with her. As I'm looking for my phone, I heard loud and fast footsteps behind me. I quickly turn around to see Brian huffing and puffing.

"Are you okay? You look ... Umm.. Breath..less" I tell him, struggling a bit to find the correct words in English

"She.... She's in the..." Brian stutters, but I can tell who he's talking about

"What happened?" You ask Brian

"Her mom said she felt really sick right before the medal ceremony... It's... not looking to good for her" He says and the words are equivalent to a hammer smashing my face a hundred times.

"Where is she?" I demand

"In the same hospital she was the other day. Wait, please don't tell me you're actually going to go now. You have a lot of-" I don't even hear what Brian said because I leave before he can finish his sentence.

-------

I get to the hospital and find the room from the nurse. She directs me to the room and I see her lying with her eyes open as she's talking with her mom. She turns her head towards the door and she sees me. She gives me a small smile and I do the same. Her mom then turns her head and stands up.

"I was just about to go. I'll leave you two alone" Her mom says as she gets up from her chair. She kisses her on the forehead and says,

"Goodbye, sweetie"

"Goodbye, mom. I love you" She says and I hear her voice quivering a bit.

As she passes by me, she stops and whispers in my ear,

"She's all yours"

I smile at her words and turn to her head to see her crying. My smile disappears and I'm about to ask her if she's okay, but she walks out the door before the words can come out of my mouth. She closes the door and I walk over to the chair to sit by her.

"Hey" I say

"Hey" She replies and gives me a small smile

"How are you doing?" I ask her and right when I ask the question, I regret it because it's obvious how she is doing. She's in the hospital after all.

"I'm fine" She says, obviously lying

"I know you're lying. I thought we were done lying to each other"