25

There was a time where Al used to listen to the radio for hours especially during sports season. Even if America doesn't understand or like some sport. Hearing his citizens play for the sake of their country make him really happy.

It was another slow day . Everyone was just waiting for the end to come. There was no point of anything anymore. It was Italy that approach him. A lot had changed after Ludwig died. He haven't seen the man smile or even open his eyes since then.

"Ve~ hello America do you want to play football with me?"

"Football?"

"No, not your football. Our football. You call it soccer I think."

America prefer football or lacrosse rather than soccer. But when duty calls he like to go out to the park and play with the young ones. But he was bored so he went along with it.

The two used four sticks to mark as a goal and used the surrounding garbage as a field.  Italy was clearly better than Alfred. Eventually Canada joined his team and Romano joined his brother. It was a lot of fun even if North America lost. He learned that even in hopless situation he can still laugh.

America was lying on Canada's lap when Vash demands an answer.

He partly expected this. He would do the same if his brothers and sisters was hurt. He himself had calmed down a while ago.

"Did you know that humans would have been after you."

"Yes." There's no point in lying anymore, he already dug himself a hole pretty deep.

"How long."

"Before the France incident. "

Switzerland face scrunch up in anger. "You knew the dangers of what will happen and that humans may go after us all this time."

"...yes"

"And I don't suppose that you knew what the punishment look like do you."

"I did."

"Then why didn't you tell us then."

Alfred just didn't want to think of the times again. The fear, the anger the pain and the blood.

They thought they were safe but then the humans started to attack. Everyone was running, fast.
Someone was shot.

Who?

It was Sealand.

He couldn't run fast enough.

Someone else was shot

Slap

America inhaled deeply being force out of his trance.

It was Lili, her brother was too slow.

"Listen America. I don't care about your stupid weakness. All it do is push everyone down . You knew the whole time of the dangers, yet you let everyone run in blind. Leave."

"What?"

"You caused enough trouble. Leave, we don't need you anymore."

America looked around the room noticing everyone else nodding their heads. Even France who he helped.

He can't leave now! He still have  things to complete. If he leave now then the future is still possible.

"Alfred, breathe." Matthew said trying to get a good grip on his brother. His brother who also agree. "Everyone is right. You're not in the mental mindset for this. We thank you for all the help but."

"Shut up."

"Alfred."

"SHUT UP. ALL OF YOU SHUT UP! You don't know what will happen if they successes. You need me! Or..or."

"Or what America." England snapped back. His face soften. "Look lad, you done enough. If you want to stay then be with your brother but you can't..."

"But.."

Everyone will get killed again.

The nations were giving him that look again.

Look at stupid America doing whatever he want. Do he really think he can boss us around at a time like this. He bet even if he tell the truth no one will believe him.

He had suffer for years, smiling for the sake of others. He fought battles he hated all to prepare himself for this day.

It was then Alfred learned.

That he was truly alone.