Chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

I grabbed some small boxes and brought them inside where my Mom was.

Mom was sitting on the couch. "Clara, when I found out I was pregnant I was excited that your father will be around more, and to have another baby. But it's just been so long, and I forgot why we didn't try to have other kids. He gets so protective, he wouldn't even let me walk when I was pregnant with you. The only reason I could move while pregnant with Josh is because we had two kids to take care of." She groaned.

"How would you guys have tried for more kids?" I asked. "I know you guys still kept in touch and he'd come here sometimes, but you never dated. How would you explain a baby?"

"When you met your father again, did you remember him very well?" I shook my head. He looked familiar but if I saw him on the streets I wouldn't know who he was.

"If I got pregnant, I would've introduced your father as my boyfriend. For instance if we never told you about him being alive, and I was still pregnant now, I would've told Ryder to go along with anything I said. We'd tell you your father is my new husband. We had been seeing each other for awhile, and with the baby on the way, we eloped. When you were old enough we'd tell you the truth."

"Wow Mom, you really thought this out." I said. "A few months ago we started trying again, so we worked a plan out. I just forgot how much of a pain it'll be." She said.

"Come on, just because you're both pregnant doesn't mean you can sit on your asses!" Ryder yelled jokingly as him and Jace brought some boxes in.

"Ryder, language!" Mom scolded. "Although we should get out there." She said.

(A/N) Holy crap as I'm writing this I think I just felt an earthquake.. It's like 2 am..)

We stood up and went outside where Dad was unloading a bed. "Ryder and Jace help me get this bed inside and upstairs." He said.

They went over to help him and Mom grabbed some smaller boxes out of the truck and went inside.

I noticed Josh was sitting in the grass by himself.

"Hey." I said, sitting down next to him. "This is going to be so weird." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "It's always been Dad and I. Sometimes I'd see Mom, you and Ryder just found out about us, but I've known about you guys my whole life. Now, we're living together and this whole idea is new to you, but I've been hoping one day this would happen. It's going to be weird for you guys go adjust to this." He said.

"Yeah, it's weird. You're my brother, but we're strangers." I said.

"Are you happy Mom and Dad are having another child?" He asked, making me sigh.

"I think it'll be better once Mom has the baby. She said that Dad wouldn't even let her walk when she was pregnant with me." I said, then put my hands on my stomach. "I hope Jace isn't like that."

"Why would he?" He asked, then realized. "Oh right. Well, Jace is like my brother. Our dad is really good friends with his. I know him enough to know, he will be." He said. I groaned. "Great."

"Kids we're leaving!" Mom yelled from the porch, trying to walk down but getting denied by Dad.

"John, I can walk!" She stressed but still smiled. "You know I act this way because I care about you and the baby." He said. "Which is why I agreed to let you drive." She said.

Jace came up behind me. "Aren't my parents so cute?" I asked him. He nodded and kissed my cheek. "Hopefully we'll be like them one day." He said.

"Yeah, one day." I muttered.