5

Mikey-

Fuming is an understatement for what I was. I heard everything that Rye said, and while it seemed as though he was just trying to keep Andy safe, he did a terrible job of it. The way to keep him safe is to keep him with you, not push him away, literally, and yell at him and hurt him like that. It seemed so out of character for Rye, but I didn't care that he was going through shit. He hurt someone who was like a little brother to me, despite the fact that he's two years older than me.

I couldn't sit there watch as Andy sat, facing the wall, with a blank expression on his face. No tears. No emotion. Nothing. I stormed out of the Mindy room and bursted through Rye's door.

"What on Earth are you thinking?" I shouted rather loudly. But there was no response.

His room was empty. He wasn't even in the bathroom. My jaw clenched and my fists tightened. He thinks he can just run off like that after what he just did?

I grabbed my phone from my pocket, ready to call him about a thousand times. However many it took for him to answer. But I was stopped by a text from Blair.

Blair - Band meeting at my flat. Immediately.

You can tell when Blair's pissed, and that is right now. I knew Rye was with him and I knew that Blair had either found out what happened or Rye had done something stupid.

I left Rye's room to see Jack and Brook in the hallway, waiting for Andy and I. Of course, they already know what has happened between Rye and Andy, and I can tell that there assuming this meeting is about the same thing I am.

I quickly gathered up Andy and we walked down to an awaiting Uber one of the boys had ordered. It was silent and very tense ride. No one spoke. Andy stared out the window with the same blank expression as his knees bounced up and down. He was anxious. I put my hand on his knees to stop it from bouncing.

"Calm down, And. It's gonna be alright. You've got me and Brook and Jack. It'll be fine." I said to him as calmly as I could. I heard him sigh but his eyes never left the window.

When we arrived at the old flat, I walked up the stairs with Andy's hand in mine in a comforting manner. He stayed close behind me with his head down. Blair was sitting on the stairs. Rye sat on the ground opposite him. If you didn't know him as well as the boys and do, then you wouldn't have been able to recognize him.

His hair was messy, hidden under an all black backwards snapback. He was wearing black from head to toe. His cheeks were tear stained and pink. His eyes were bloodshot and almost black. He had cried too much. Not only had he hurt Andy, but he'd just ended up hurting himself.

"Alright, thank you for getting here quickly boys. Ryan has something he'd like to say." Blair said as he shot daggers at Rye with his glare. Rye visibly shook and his back slouched even farther. He looked at the ground.

"I can't do it Blair." He mumbled. And when he finally looked up, Andy's hand in mine was the first thing he saw. Tears sprung to his eyes again and he quickly turned his head the opposite direction.

"Why? Because your too scared? You afraid your best mates are gonna hate you after you say it. Well guess what? You should be! I'd hate you too if I was them." Blair spat and stood up from the stairs. Rye wiped his eyes.

"I...I wanted to leave. To no longer be a bother to any of you. I wanted to run away so I couldn't hurt you anymore. And I thought that if I asked Blair to leave the band that he'd say no. So I... There was a fan outside. And I took her to the back of the building. And she kissed me. And I didn't kiss back but I also didn't stop her. I'm so sorry. To all of you. But mostly to Andy. I never meant to hurt you. I'm sorry." Rye rushed everything out.

I was speechless. I felt Andy forcefully rip his hand away from mine and heard the patter of his footsteps rushing down the steps. Rye quickly got up to chase after him but I grabbed his shirt and pulled him back.

"It is not your place to try and stop him right now. Your the last person he wants to see at the moment. You fucked up Rye, a lot." I said as Brook went running down the steps to go find Andy.

Rye's expression changed and his body collapsed into me. Loud sobs were all to be heard in the echoing hallway.

For some reason, after everything he's done, I still found that I felt bad for the idiot clutching onto me as if I was his only hope in that moment.

~

-|I kinda struggled a but writing this ngl. Hope it's ok.|-