Chapter 2

Kaydon POV

"Come on dude, hurry up!" whinnied my little brother Kai.

"Okay, I'm coming." I finished my a breakfast and went over to where my impatient family was standing.

"You ready?" my mother asked me. I nodded.

"Then let's go!" My brother said enthusiastically. We all ran out and shifted. my family is..... different, we are a family of werewolves. But, we are rouges, we have no pack. We ran for a long time but had to stop at the boundary of our forest. There was a small town at the base of a small slope that marked the edge of the forest. it was a small town but still full of technology and wolves of our size would be hunted for our coats of captured to be tamed or experimented. We turned around and started running back but in the distance we hears someone call out about wolves. I looked at my brother and saw he was having fun, his touge hanging out and his tail wagging behind him. I then looked at my parents, they looked distressed. I got there attention and nodded. just to tell them I heard too.

'What do you want me to do?' werewolves mind link, awesome.

'Don't tell Kia, challenge him to a race home we will be right behind you.' my dad told me. I nodded again and ran after my 10 year old brother. he was standing whining about how slow we were to get there

'dude, race you.'

'Yeah you're on.'

'Three... two .... go!' I ran off as fast as I could.

'Hey! that's not fair!' he said then ran after me. I got to the house long before him. mum and dad weren't far behind.

'Everyone to your rooms. make it look like you just woke up.' my dad yelled through the link. I ran up to my room and shifted back, and put some clothes on. I jumped onto my bed and tried to go to sleep. key word, tried. I woke up by someone pounding on the door.

"I'll get it mom!!" I shouted and went down stairs. I opened the door to see some of the towns men holding rifles.

"And what can I do for you?"

"We were in the village and saw some beautifully coated wolves up on the boundary and we want to know if you've seen any big wolves come through here." Said the one at the front. He was huge! like 6'7 and I'm 6'3 he towered over me. So did all the other men behind him.

"Dad!" I yelled,"it's for you!"

"I'm coming." He said at the bottom of the stairs," oh hay Bob how are you?"

The man, bob, smiled, "good thanks. but I came to tell you about a wolf siting at the boundary. large wolves and there were four of them. if you see any wolves radio us and we'll come and get them."

"Wolves? we haven't had many wolves here. I'll keep my eyes peeled and radio you right away." my dad said to bob. "hope you catch 'em guys." I added.

"Well see you later and send me on of there pelts as a rug when you get 'em." My dad laughed. So did the men.

"See ya guys, good luck."

"Bye" bob said and walked away with his friends. dad closed the door and I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding.

"Family meeting!" my dad shouted from the bottom of the stairs. Mum came down and was followed by Kai.

"Okay. so as you should know, earlier we were spotted at the boundary of the forest on our run this morning. the problem now is that there are hunters searching the woods for us and that means we can't go on any more runs or shift again. so I have decided that we move." He can't be serious.