Chapter one

Jamie POV

My name is Jamie I'm an only child. Since I don't have a sibling mum and dad said I could get a pet. So we went down to the best pet shop in Queensland, there were lots of pets, budgies puppies hermetic crabs cats and millions of fish, but none caught my eye. we began to drive home when something flew across the road I front of us, a kite. dad didn't stop in time and we clipped its wing. it fell to the ground and dad slammed his foot on the brakes and the car a screeched to a holt. I threw open the door and ran out. It was lying in a pool of its own blood, yelling to the other kites for help, but they just kept circling waiting for it to die so the could eat the spoils. there was a deep gash on it's wing the wound pouring out blood. mum and dad came up behind me

"Daddy there has to be something we can do." I sobbed.

"Shhh it's okay, how about we take it home and try to help it?" I nodded. mum went around and got the emergency towel out of the back of the car. I put the towel on my hands and kneeled down next to it and scooped it up in my arms. it whistled pathetically and tried to move in my arms.

"Shhh it's okay we are just trying to help." I said gently, it looked at me with intelligent eyes. the ride home was silent I sat with it on my lap, it had just enough energy to stand but when we hit a bump I would put a hand on its side to keep it upright, carefully not to touch the gash on the bottom of its wing. we got home and I carried inside and set it down on the table in the kitchen. mum came in and grabbed the first aid kit from the cupboard and came over. the table had small puddles of blood and a couple of feathers on it. she got out the disinfectant a bandage and a pop stick. wait, what?

"Uh, mum, what is the pop stick for?" I asked.

"To use as a splint."

"Oh," she started to wipe the poor birds injury and then wrapped it in the bandage with the pop stick in the middle of the bandage at an angel so it lined up with the shape of the wing tip.

"Done." mum said as she stepped back from the table. It lifted its wing slowly and called out when it moved right. it was adorable. I slowly reached out my hand to pat it, at first it seemed uncertain but it later leaned in and allowed my to stroke its soft feathers. I smiled and looked at mum she was smiling too.

"Hey little one, are you okay?" it whistled happily.

"Awww." my mum gushed from behind me.

"Mum, can I hold it?" she looked hesitant.

"Okay, but be careful, and wear your leather gloves. 'cause look at those claws." she was right it had large talons on each toe. I ran into my room and grabbed my biking gloves. that's right I ride a motorbike, a Yamaha 9 electric auto start. (A/N I actually do) I ran back into the kitchen and put on the right hand glove. I laid my hand down on the table in front of the injured bird and it hoped forward and onto my wrist. I smiled and so did mum, that was when dad walked into the kitchen, he looked worried. he saw me with it and ran back out.

"What was that all about?" I asked. she shrugged. dad came back with a camera in his hand.

"Ooh oh ho! photo time!" mum squealed like a school girl.

"Say cheese!"

Flash!

"Okay! let's see the photo!" I ran over to where dad was standing with mum hovering over her shoulder. kite still on my arm.

"Oh darling we have to get this printed out!" mum said happily. in the photo I was standing there my dark brown hair loose on my shoulders, golden highlights showing, no I did not get them from a salon it was natural, my sea meets sky blue eyes shone, no red eyes. and on my hand was the kite, head to the side, and wings out stretched in a way to make it look like it just landed on my wrist, over all, we looked pretty good. but something in the kite eyes was off, then I realised, they were the exact same colour as mine. I mean it's not natural for a kite to have blue eyes, is it? mum suddenly grabbed the camera and ran into the lounge room, probably to upload the picture on to the computer. so that just left me, dad and the kite.

"Dad, since I didn't get a pet from the store can I keep this little one?" I asked as I petted the back of its head, this time it didn't hesitate it snuggled into my hand, chirping happily.

"Uh, I'll have to talk to your mother."

"Please?"

"Maybe."

"Pleasse?"

"May-be."

"Tweet?"

"May-be, Wait, what?"

"Hah! you just said maybe to a bird!" I laughed. "Come on little girl lets go up to my room." I started walking down the hall, I passed the living room and saw mum sitting at the computer typing away. I kept walking all the way to my room. my room is very red. blood red carpet, red, blue and black curtains, a bright red bed spread and a framed Esondon jersey. And my favourite part of the room, a bright mural of the Aussie outback. witch as you should know is very red. that was the first time I looked at the mural and saw something I never noticed, a kite circling in the sky with piercing blue eyes.

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<

A/N. boom!!! first chapter of my first book ever! :• :p. So go easy on me. WARNING: chapters are short! comment/vote/fan!!

DRAGONSSSS OUT!!