#129: He Comes Home From Tour Early

Start from the beginning

Michael:

You pressed your cheek further against the sloppy pillow with its cover almost partly ripped off. It was something that had ocurred during the night, not something you had expected but who would have thought you would end up sleeping on the couch for no reason. At first you had watched a movie but halfway through felt asleep. It wasn't the same when he wasn't around, you almost felt that pitch in your stomach when you saw something funny and he wasn't right next to you with the same goofy smile. Sleeping in the bed wasn't as great as it used to and you sincerely wished that you could just drag it down to the living room just to give it some sort of difference. The covers still smelled like him, you still stole his pillow even though he wasn't there and you still had your own. Everything literally just reminded you of Michael and you couldn't handle the barrier between you. You loved seeing him happy on tour but deep down as the days passed by it was eating you up. The bowl of popcorn was still filled to the top, you had barely ghosted your fingers over the salty snacks. Pretty much just an excuse to make something and you never actually ate many of those as it was like an actual hunger games sharing them with Michael. The sun was peeking in through the window curtains that was almost always pulled down to give the house privacy and you slowly saw yourself in your reflection. The blanket you had been using was definitely too hot and had left your body sweat its entire liquid on your pyjamas alternatively known as Michael's t shirt. You ran your hand through your hair and looked up confused to the sudden smell of bacon. You wished deeply that it wasn't you who had left something on a hot pan from last night but your concerned thoughts took a sharp turn when you looked over your shoulder. "What the fuck?" You seriously thought it was because the horrible sleep from last night but with the cocky smiling Michael standing in the kitchen your eyes grew twice their size. "What the actual fuck." You had to say it again but this time you jumped up from the couch. "Michael what are you doing?" "Home early from work." He said with a wink, "Want some breakfast?" You shook your head in disbelief by his question and ran towards him. You had been waiting for this for god knows how long, you could already smell his cologne from apart and it was even better than from the sheets. "I can't believe you're home." You muffled your face into the collar of his hoodie and felt his hand sneak down to grasp your thighs. Within seconds he had lifted you up easily, still making sure to hold around you and placed you softly on the kitchen counter. "Eggs without the yolk?" He asked and bumped his nose against yours. You had to look into his emerald eyes just for a second. It felt like a dream but when he punched you softly in the ass you knew just exactly well that it was reality. The nightmares were finally over even if it was just for a couple of days.

Ashton:

"Are you sure you don't want to shop some more Y/N? I mean, the stores are still open for one more hour if you'd like?" It was almost begging that came from your best friend. She had been trying her utter best to make you stay at the mall for as long as possible. You mostly assumed it was because of the lost time you had between. It had been a few hectic weeks and trying to see others had been nearly impossible. When some of your friends were finally with you it wasn't just about shrugging you off right away. You had been to more shops than you could count and you knew when Ashton would come home and see the bills he would have a waiting comment. "No I literally got everything I needed on the list. More than that to be honest." You could feel the pain in your wallet just by looking down at the bags in your hands. But the guilt was quickly changed because you needed this. You needed to get out just a bit but now you just wanted to get home and relax. It had been a long day starting with brunch and then shopping for almost three hours. But your best friend was up for an argument and even though you had almost dragged her home to your house she was still trying to convince you to do something else. "What about bowling? It's been such a long time since we did that the last time." "You hate bowling? You always disclaim they are danger for everyone only because you're the typical person who throws the ball backwards." She looked at you for a full minute clearly thinking the idea had gone wrong. You looked at her suspiciously while swinging your keys between your pointing finger. "Dinner?" It looked like she was at her last bit of hope. But she still didn't want to give up just yet. "Really?" You asked, leaning your head to the side. "We've been eating brunch, lunch and dessert not to mention the milkshake. I just want to relax now." You tried to explain in a sweet way. You didn't want to disappoint her or anything. "Fine," She almost wanted to grown, "But don't say I didn't warn you." You lifted your eyebrow confused but ignored her statement. Waving goodbye you opened the door to your entrance and walked in. The smell of food filled your nose immediately and you quivered an eyebrow. "Hello?" You yelled, walking into the kitchen to see Ashton look pretty surprised. "Oh my..." You almost dropped your bags in the process. Ashton looked down at the half prepared food that was stirring on the stove meanwhile trying to open a bottle of champagne. The table was nicely covered with plates and flowers in the middle. Ashton looked down at his feet with a shy smile. "It was supposed to be a surprise." He felt caught in the act and you shook your head smiling. "It is a surprise." You watched him let go of the champagne to embrace you instead, his hair buried into your hair. "It's only for a couple of days I'm home." You shook your head by his words, "I don't care." You closed your eyes. "As long as you're with me now."