Chapter 8: Drunk Textin

"No I didn't forget Nicole... yea...yea I'll see you soon.

It's Saturday and I was glad Nicole was coming over. I've had so much on my mind from last night and I needed a distraction and some girl talk.

I start to get ready for tonight in my bathroom mirror, applying dark makeup and straightening my hair. I'm excited to get out of the house and get out of my thoughts.

Before Stan left last night he said he wanted to reconnect with his teenage daughter and had planned to see her for the first time in a while  for dinner. But our unexpected...encounter, distracted him.

I actually felt awful about jumping to conclusions and making him miss his date with his daughter. But he ensured me that it wasn't my fault and that he'd call me later. He kissed me goodnight and I've been on cloud nine ever since. I haven't been able to get him out of my mind.

I hear a knock on my door and check the time. It's 9:00PM. Wow that was fast. I rush to my door and open it expecting to see Nicole.

Trevor looks at me with a shocked look.

"Oh hey Trevor" he looks me up and down in my tight jeans and lace pink top.

"Wow you look great..., oh I'm sorry do have company or something?"

"Oh no it's fine, come in" Trevor makes himself comfortable on the couch and I run back to my room and put on some jewelry.

"So how's my Scarlett doing?" I yell from the room.

"I ordered your new battery yesterday and I've been working on her all day. You should have your car back by Monday." I walk back into the room with a smile. I've missed my car so much. It isn't the best car, but it's one I worked for with my own money back during my senior year of high school.

Me and Trevor talk for a bit until there's another knock on my door. When I open it this time Nicole walks in with a huge smile.

"Heyy you ready to...oh who's this." She gives Trevor a devilish smile. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything." I roll my eyes while she scans the room.

"No this is my friend and neighbor Trevor." He stands and shakes her hand.

"Sorry if I intruded on your night ladies, I'll just go." Nicole grabs his arm as he tries to walk past her.

"Oh no it's no bother. You could come out with us." Trevor smiles but looks at me and gives me a only if it's okay with Lori look. I shrug it off.

"Yea you should come, we're just going to a local bar down the street."

"Okay cool, I'll just run down stairs and change real quick." He turns and leaves.

"Damn he's cute! You guys fucking?" I gawk at her.

"God Nikki no!" I throw a couch pillow at her.

"Mind if I do?" We laugh and go to my mirror and do one last mirror check. Her red hair is down in curls with a matching red crop top and white jeans. Trevor comes back with a new button up shirt and jeans and we head out. We decide to talk and enjoy the nice night.

"Ugh I'm so excited, I really need this night out." Nicole says while speeding up her walking.

"Yea it wouldn't hurt if I got a few shots in me as well." I say while having a flashback to Stan.
Nicole pulls out her phone and starts to play "Who Run The World" by Beyoncé. She quickens her walk and starts to dance down the street.

"Go Nikki, go Nikki" Trevor sings and laughs. Nicole turns the volume on her phone to full while continuing.

"Come on Lori, I know you want to" Nicole motions for me to join her. I laugh and catch up to her.